PPF installer in NJ near Livingston or house visit

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th and still qualify for the $7500 US federal tax credit until December 31 for orders placed before November 30 as all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone got their Model 3 wrapped with xpel in New Jersey? Preferably near Livingston. Or are there any good installers that do it in your garage?

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Has anyone got their Model 3 wrapped with xpel in New Jersey? Preferably near Livingston. Or are there any good installers that do it in your garage?
Nice to see another Jersey Model 3 out there. I am in Maplewood. Just got my VIN today. When did you get yours? Whats your charging situation in your garage?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice to see another Jersey Model 3 out there. I am in Maplewood. Just got my VIN today. When did you get yours? Whats your charging situation in your garage?
Got my VIN on April 7th, I am scheduled for delivery on the 24th of April at the Springfield Township Service Center. I'm going to see if I can live with regular Nema 5-15 Mobile Charger in my garage.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you have some pictures you can share and the cost? Thank you!
I'll attach some pics. He's done a full wrap on all three of our Teslas. They all cost ~$5000.
His email is Greg@signaturedetailing.com

I shopped around for prices before choosing him and most other places were significantly more expensive with the same good 5-star reviews

Attachments

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll attach some pics. He's done a full wrap on all three of our Teslas. They all cost ~$5000.
His email is Greg@signaturedetailing.com

I shopped around for prices before choosing him and most other places were significantly more expensive with the same good 5-star reviews
Looks great. Thank you. Are you planning to live dangerously and go front plateless for the Model 3s? Also did you do any type of window tinting?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks great. Thank you. Are you planning to live dangerously and go front plateless for the Model 3s? Also did you do any type of window tinting?
I took the front plate off my Model S a few months ago so now all three Teslas have no front plate. So far we haven’t been given any trouble (fingers crossed). And no I haven’t tinted any of the windows although I think about doing it this summer.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just happen to see this thread browsing thorough... I also plan on using Greg at Signature Detail.

https://signaturedetailing.com/

I've used his ex-business partner Lee Berbs (also in Hillsborough, NJ and a shop in Florida) in the past for window tint on a few cars and he's great too! If you browse their work you see they are HIGHLY trusted and the go to guys in the Tri-state for this type of work.

Plan on doing PPF on the front bumper of my soon-to-be Model 3 along with a ceramic coating and window tints. :D

https://www.facebook.com/leeberbs/

Last edited:

NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks great. Thank you. Are you planning to live dangerously and go front plateless for the Model 3s?
Check out my thread about the STO-N-SHO removable plate option, even if you keep it off more often than not, It could save you a ticket if you show the cop "oh it's right here"... just forgot to put it back on. I like it especially since it sits lower than all the other options available.

https://model3ownersclub.com/thread...ase-front-license-plate-bracket-model-3.6293/

NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FYI here's the link to the PPF templates available for the Model 3 - Can be used with any PPF brand really....

http://www.xpel.com/paint-protectio...nger_Cars_and_Light_Trucks/2018/Tesla/Model_3

Xpel, 3M or SunTek as far as my research goes are all high quality and your main focus should be on the skill of the installer and the paint prep performed not so much the material of choice. Same goes for ceramic coatings whether it be Cquartz or Opti Coat Pro.

Full front end wraps for the Model 3 are in the ballpark of $1400-$1600 to include front bumper, front fenders, headlights, mirrors and full hood.

Ceramic Coatings are about $900-$1200 depending on product.

I'm more inclined to do the HIGHEST wear/prone parts which are the front bumper, full hood and rocker panels, maybe strip for the trunk/luggage area with PPF with a cost effective ceramic on top.

Don't make your decisions on a warranty, base it on your installer history, their reputation and quality of work you have seen in person. ;)

I was lucky to see a Red 3 today @svusa11 with a full front end SunTek wrap and Opti Coat Pro coating and was more than impressed!

IMG_0069.JPG

Last edited:

NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does the price include ceramic coating and tax? What brand of wrap did they use? Thanks!
I would assume no, two separate products and services. That's the ballpark for a PPF full wrap. Greg will install either SunTek Ultra or Xpel Ultimate PPF at the same cost, but is only an "authorized" installer for SunTek if that matters to you.

Greg's Ceramic pricing is $900-$1200 OptiCoat Pro vs CQuarts (not 100% which one)

Give him a call and stop in when a 3 is in house...when I did like 6-weeks ago he had already done about a dozen of them and had two there at the time.

Country
Country
@NJturtlePower thanks for the info! Does that mean that the warranty for Suntek will be better than XPel?

Also, what’s the maintenance effort for PPF? Can you get away with taking the car through a typical car wash since the PPF has self healing properties?

Does anyone know of the pros and cons of using a gloss PPF vs stealth PPF? It will affect my decision for choosing which color Model 3 to buy.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@NJturtlePower thanks for the info! Does that mean that the warranty for Suntek will be better than XPel?

Also, what’s the maintenance effort for PPF? Can you get away with taking the car through a typical car wash since the PPF has self healing properties?

Does anyone know of the pros and cons of using a gloss PPF vs stealth PPF? It will affect my decision for choosing which color Model 3 to buy.

- For Xpel if it gets messed up he'll cover it under his personal warranty. For Suntek you can probably take it to any authorized Suntek dealer and Suntek would honor the warranty.

- It's much easier to clean and you don't worry about scratching up your paint. Typical car wash are still not recommended as if it hits the edges it can cause the PPF to peel. A touchless car wash might be okay. I still typically hand wash.

- I think stealth might be more expensive. Basically stealth will make your paint finish look matte.

You'l definitely want to get at least your front bumper done. First image is a 100 mile drive. Second image is a 250 mile drive at night. The Tesla Model 3 is a bug destroyer.

Feel free to DM me and I can let Greg know I sent you.

20180608_215307.jpg 20180525_230846.jpg

Last edited:
Country
Country
- For Xpel if it gets messed up he'll cover it under his personal warranty. For Suntek you can probably take it to any authorized Suntek dealer and Suntek would honor the warranty.

- It's much easier to clean and you don't worry about scratching up your paint. Typical car wash are still not recommended as if it hits the edges it can cause the PPF to peel. A touchless car wash might be okay. I still typically hand wash.

- I think stealth might be more expensive. Basically stealth will make your paint finish look matte.

You'l definitely want to get at least your front bumper done. First image is a 100 mile drive. Second image is a 250 mile drive at night. The Tesla Model 3 is a bug destroyer.

Feel free to DM me and I can let Greg know I sent you.

View attachment 10862 View attachment 10863
Thanks! I’m still in the process of budgeting and determining which color to buy, so I might not take delivery until next year. I actually reached out to Greg recently and he seems like a a really decent guy.

Thanks for all the great info in this thread. Keep them coming!

NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just finished up my Yelp review of Signature Detailing here in Hillsborough, NJ and the awesome job Greg did so figured I would copy and paste it here:

During the 2+ year wait for my Tesla Model 3 I had a lot of time to find a quality PPF and Ceramic Coating installer and lucky for me, Greg ended up being right down the road. I got to see his work first hand back in May on another Model 3 and I encourage anyone looking into paint protection films and ceramic coating to do the same and stop by.

Greg ended up doing the full front end of my Silver Metallic Model 3 in SunTek Ultra and topped it off with Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coating for a showroom look that should last for years. Most people who have seen my car since can't even tell it's been wrapped, which is the point. The skills and attention to detail required for a quality install are much more important than the products alone and with Signature Detailing you got all your bases covered.

Greg has been responsive to all my crazy questions both before AND after my appointment and goes above and beyond with little perks and extras to make every job special. He's willing to do only what you want or give you his opinion, while NEVER trying to up-sell. Even his shop guy Francisco was inviting and friendly, which means a lot to those paying for services above and beyond what they are accustomed to. I'm looking forward to staying in touch with the SD shop and they are on the top of my list for anyone looking for detailing, PPF or coatings in the Tri-state area. Keep up the great work guys!

Not the best pictures since it's been raining like every day since last week, but these sunset pix are from the night I took it home from the shop. Any questions about the install, pricing or seeing it in person if you're local just message me. ;)

https://signaturedetailing.com/

Attachments