PPF installer in NJ near Livingston or house visit

Discussion in 'Customizing & Modifications' started by wontmatterlater, Apr 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. wontmatterlater

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Has anyone got their Model 3 wrapped with xpel in New Jersey? Preferably near Livingston. Or are there any good installers that do it in your garage?

2. DannyNJ

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Nice to see another Jersey Model 3 out there. I am in Maplewood. Just got my VIN today. When did you get yours? Whats your charging situation in your garage?

• Like Like x 1
  3. wontmatterlater

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Got my VIN on April 7th, I am scheduled for delivery on the 24th of April at the Springfield Township Service Center. I'm going to see if I can live with regular Nema 5-15 Mobile Charger in my garage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. navinsiri

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I used Signature Detailing in Hillsborough, NJ. His work is very good and he's very easy to work with. It might be a bit far from you, but its worth the trip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. wontmatterlater

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Do you have some pictures you can share and the cost? Thank you!

6. navinsiri

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I'll attach some pics. He's done a full wrap on all three of our Teslas. They all cost ~$5000.
    His email is Greg@signaturedetailing.com

I shopped around for prices before choosing him and most other places were significantly more expensive with the same good 5-star reviews

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. wontmatterlater

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Looks great. Thank you. Are you planning to live dangerously and go front plateless for the Model 3s? Also did you do any type of window tinting?

8. navinsiri

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I took the front plate off my Model S a few months ago so now all three Teslas have no front plate. So far we haven’t been given any trouble (fingers crossed). And no I haven’t tinted any of the windows although I think about doing it this summer.

• Like Like x 3
  9. NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #9 NJturtlePower, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Just happen to see this thread browsing thorough... I also plan on using Greg at Signature Detail.

https://signaturedetailing.com/

I've used his ex-business partner Lee Berbs (also in Hillsborough, NJ and a shop in Florida) in the past for window tint on a few cars and he's great too! If you browse their work you see they are HIGHLY trusted and the go to guys in the Tri-state for this type of work.

Plan on doing PPF on the front bumper of my soon-to-be Model 3 along with a ceramic coating and window tints. :D

https://www.facebook.com/leeberbs/

• Like Like x 1
  10. NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Check out my thread about the STO-N-SHO removable plate option, even if you keep it off more often than not, It could save you a ticket if you show the cop "oh it's right here"... just forgot to put it back on. I like it especially since it sits lower than all the other options available.

https://model3ownersclub.com/thread...ase-front-license-plate-bracket-model-3.6293/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #11 NJturtlePower, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    FYI here's the link to the PPF templates available for the Model 3 - Can be used with any PPF brand really....

http://www.xpel.com/paint-protectio...nger_Cars_and_Light_Trucks/2018/Tesla/Model_3

Xpel, 3M or SunTek as far as my research goes are all high quality and your main focus should be on the skill of the installer and the paint prep performed not so much the material of choice. Same goes for ceramic coatings whether it be Cquartz or Opti Coat Pro.

Full front end wraps for the Model 3 are in the ballpark of $1400-$1600 to include front bumper, front fenders, headlights, mirrors and full hood.

Ceramic Coatings are about $900-$1200 depending on product.

I'm more inclined to do the HIGHEST wear/prone parts which are the front bumper, full hood and rocker panels, maybe strip for the trunk/luggage area with PPF with a cost effective ceramic on top.

Don't make your decisions on a warranty, base it on your installer history, their reputation and quality of work you have seen in person. ;)

I was lucky to see a Red 3 today @svusa11 with a full front end SunTek wrap and Opti Coat Pro coating and was more than impressed!

IMG_0069.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. $ Trillion Musk

Proud Dad
    Expand Collapse

Country
    Does the price include ceramic coating and tax? What brand of wrap did they use? Thanks!

13. NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I would assume no, two separate products and services. That's the ballpark for a PPF full wrap. Greg will install either SunTek Ultra or Xpel Ultimate PPF at the same cost, but is only an "authorized" installer for SunTek if that matters to you.

Greg's Ceramic pricing is $900-$1200 OptiCoat Pro vs CQuarts (not 100% which one)

Give him a call and stop in when a 3 is in house...when I did like 6-weeks ago he had already done about a dozen of them and had two there at the time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. $ Trillion Musk

Proud Dad
    Expand Collapse

Country
    @NJturtlePower thanks for the info! Does that mean that the warranty for Suntek will be better than XPel?

Also, what’s the maintenance effort for PPF? Can you get away with taking the car through a typical car wash since the PPF has self healing properties?

Does anyone know of the pros and cons of using a gloss PPF vs stealth PPF? It will affect my decision for choosing which color Model 3 to buy.

15. wontmatterlater

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #15 wontmatterlater, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018

- For Xpel if it gets messed up he'll cover it under his personal warranty. For Suntek you can probably take it to any authorized Suntek dealer and Suntek would honor the warranty.

- It's much easier to clean and you don't worry about scratching up your paint. Typical car wash are still not recommended as if it hits the edges it can cause the PPF to peel. A touchless car wash might be okay. I still typically hand wash.

- I think stealth might be more expensive. Basically stealth will make your paint finish look matte.

You'l definitely want to get at least your front bumper done. First image is a 100 mile drive. Second image is a 250 mile drive at night. The Tesla Model 3 is a bug destroyer.

Feel free to DM me and I can let Greg know I sent you.

20180608_215307.jpg 20180525_230846.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. $ Trillion Musk

Proud Dad
    Expand Collapse

Country
    Thanks! I’m still in the process of budgeting and determining which color to buy, so I might not take delivery until next year. I actually reached out to Greg recently and he seems like a a really decent guy.

Thanks for all the great info in this thread. Keep them coming!

• Like Like x 1
  17. NJturtlePower

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    • Like Like x 1
  18. 00_sg_00

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner: