Pre-owner App Access (& Referral Code / Loot Box)

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@garsh do you have a car linked to your account? I didn’t think you had a VIN yet?
No car or VIN yet.
I'm still able to edit my design too.

I did update my Tesla app just this morning to version 3.4.3-349.
I believe it was complaining about me not having a car before this morning's update.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't have the Tesla ap yet. Mine appeared on the main page of my Tesla account online.
It might mean something... I don't have a referral code anywhere on the website, and I can't log into the app (it hangs for a bit and then I get the huge white exclamation point with no text). App is running this morning's release (3.4.3) on Android.

Nevermind, logging into the app just took four or five tries. It prompted me to view each of the support videos, and my loot box was unlocked at the end.

Screenshot_20180802-101827_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
If you install the updated Tesla app from yesterday, you will be able to log in even without a VIN.
They will show you the orientation videos for the model 3.
Once you watch the videos, you will have a button that says "Unlock Lootbox"
Press it and you'll see your referral URL.
I literally did this just now.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nevermind, logging into the app just took four or five tries. It prompted me to view each of the support videos, and my loot box was unlocked at the end.
It only took me one attempt to log in this morning, but it did take about a whole minute before logging in completed.
But same thing - it shows you all of the videos. I just kept skipping through them, and then it takes you right to the loot box!

ChiTesla

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No car or VIN yet.
I'm still able to edit my design too.

I did update my Tesla app just this morning to version 3.4.3-349.
I believe it was complaining about me not having a car before this morning's update.
Thanks. I updated my app and now have access also.
I have access to the videos as well as the Loot Box with referral info.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To whoever deleted my posts because they supposedly contained referral code links. I did in fact read the rules and I actually took the time to black out the referral codes in the photos so that they would not violate that rule. Please be more careful before you delete my posts for violating a rule that I did not break. Notice in all my photos that the entire last part of the referral code is missing...
It might be hard to see on a mobile phone, but the referral links in your screenshots aren't 100% blacked out when viewed in a desktop browser, so you can still see the full referral code (it ends in "808"). I'm guessing that's why your post was deleted... and why your post above may be deleted or edited as well. If you crop the referral code out of the bottom of each screenshot, you should be fine.

Dan 3D

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It might be hard to see on a mobile phone, but the referral links in your screenshots aren't 100% blacked out when viewed in a desktop browser, so you can still see the full referral code (it ends in "808"). I'm guessing that's why your post was deleted... and why your post above may be deleted or edited as well. If you crop the referral code out of the bottom of each screenshot, you should be fine.
Ya I actually could barely see it in one of them when I reposted. So I just went ahead and deleted it myself. My bad.