Random Musings

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Lovesword, Feb 2, 2018.

More threads by Lovesword
  1. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    As we all wait for our invites (or no invite but can configure), or deliveries, or even already have taken delivery but are here to read and spend some time with fellow enthusiasts...I thought I would share some random thoughts I’ve had over the course of my time spent here on the forum, which evidently I use as a space to try and make people laugh, smile and enjoy a small moment in an otherwise complex world and life. Hope you don’t mind, hope you can smile and relate, and by all means add your own if you wish!

- Sometimes when I post something and revisit the site later I see that it received a “like” or even a “love it!”...I had a “what if...” thought that it would be funny/horrible to then go back and edit the post so it looks like we’re all monsters.

Example:
    “The Model 3 is the greatest car ever made!” Like x10 Love it! x3 Agree x4 Informative x1
    (Now...we edit)
    “I enjoy slaughtering bunnies by hitting them in the head with other, previous victim bunnies. Once I get my Boring flamethrower, this will be even more enjoyable!” Like x10 Love it! x3 Agree x4 Informative x1

- Often I’ll click on the “recent posts” tab and read something I like, not a surprise at all. But when I go to “like” a post and see that they just posted “a moment ago”, I don’t! I don’t want the poster think I’m creeping on them all around the forum! It’s almost like there’s an inner unknown time period that must pass before a “like” is allowed.

- I find that it can be difficult to express one’s self only through the use of these buttons (like, love, agree, useful, etc). This is especially true when someone posts a multi-part comment or thread.

Example:
    “Guys, I am taking delivery of my Model 3 this coming ThurWednuesday at noon! Which is great timing because at 2pm I have a full body cavity search scheduled to gain access to a high security exclusive pet cemetery so that I can bury my pangolin. Some guy ran over him, ironically in a Model 3”
    Uh.....”like?”

- On another forum we all know about, they have a DISAGREE button. This gets used by people for various reasons, and different people react differently to receiving a “disagree.” I know this because while purousing some posts, my finger must have accidentally hit the “disagree” button as I scrolled. What followed was the longest reply message that could have possibly been humanly possible in response to a simple thumb down symbol. When I replied that I didn’t know what happened and simply removed it, it seemed almost deflating to the poster who seemed to have blowfished himself up for an e-arguement, where only the strongest, bravest and toughest among us dare tread! (Note: sarcasm!)

- Without a disagree option here on M3OC, I find that no response at all carries possibly even more weight. Not on posts or replies that just add to the conversation of course, but on things that might be controversial or definitely topics that draw a line and expect you to pick a side.

Example:
    “The Model 3 rides like a 60 year old wooden roller coaster at Six Flags mated with a Russian fighter jet intercepting U.S. planes over Crimea! Here’s a video of this jar of piss I keep lying around the house (for reasons) placed atop the dashboard. I do this all the time in various vehicles that aren’t in the Model 3 segment, for science. With the 3, I lost too much of my urine due to the sloshing about, UNACCEPT!”

To me, in this case having no like, love it, agree, etc is the equivalent of a tumbleweed rolling across the stage during a comedy show. I’m thinking I’ll start using the “useful” button sarcastically for these posts. “Thanks for the heads up, next time I’m letting my used energy drink sample ride shotgun, I’ll be sure to bring a lid.”

That’s all for now. My brain works in mysterious ways so I might return back to post more. Hope you cracked a smile and since this is a Friday, I hope you all have a great weekend! (I expect many “useful” votes on this thread :p)

• Funny x 5
    • Helpful x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Love it! x 1
  2. Badback

Valued Community Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    If you can't be hansom, at least be useful.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Dr. J

Private
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Or be hansom AND useful, like this guy:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I’m going to stick with my “random” topic on this thread in this response...hopefully one of these is humorous!

- Are those the 45” or the 46” wheels? The 45” have a smoother ride and better efficiency.

- One does not simply trot past Inland Revenue.

- “Madam, doth thou gander admirably towards my Model H&C?”

- “An entire strawpenny!? Well, I must say that I shall away to the alternate section of OldTimey Town that caters to a gentlemen seeking the warm embrace of a woman for hire, good day!”

- What the heck @Dr. J, no VIN!?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I’ll have to ask my wife which one I am, because I don’t think I im either of those.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    So way back when in my Audiworld forum days mastering the "Edit" was part of becoming a Jedi master on the forum ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Twiglett

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Darn, where’s that disagree button gone to? :rolleyes:

8. Quicksilver

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Lovesword...You're a nut, but I kinda like that you're a little nutty! haha! :D ok, maybe a lot nutty...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Twiglett

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Actually I’m never sure how to pronounce @Lovesword
    Where does the space go?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Exactly.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    I disagree with everything that has been posted up to now. I won't tell you why, button or no button.
    :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
    This site originally had all of those other rating buttons, but I managed to convince TrevP to remove them. As you point out with this excellent example, it has too much of a negative connotation, even if all you really meant to say is "I value your opinion, but I respectfully disagree". I think it's better if people are forced to discuss their disagreements. It seems to (usually) lead to more civil exchanges of ideas.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Michael Russo

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    • Funny Funny x 6
  14. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    @garsh I think you did good work there. The disagree button is so ambiguous and just LEADS to ACTUAL disagreements. I really can’t believe the other vote buttons were actually an option! Old, dumb and spelling? Sheesh...I’d never get anything past “dumb.” (Ok, you ALL don’t have to agree to this post JUST for this sentence now)

I must say that I do truly appreciate the work you mods do, this forum is truly an enjoyment for me to visit. I’m also appreciative of the acceptance (or...tolerance?) you all show for me and my silliness. :)

On that note, and back to being random, I thought of some voting buttons I’d like to implement immediately:
    “Wow, where is an ice pick for my eyes”
    “What the hell did I just read?”
    “I would like the last 5 minutes I’d my life back”
    7B5BE46F-7216-46DC-9B64-0187464BA34C.jpeg

And of course, a button that just inserts this:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Michael Russo

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    This robot works even better with positive feedback... :D Thank you, Sir Lovesword!
    Careful, I can’t think of an ice pick without fearing for Michael Douglas’ life...
    :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dr. J

Private
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    That button would look something like....
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Dr. J

Private
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Note to self: browse the Off Topic threads more often!

[​IMG] Agree x 8 :smile: Funny x 5 :rainbow: Optimistic x 3 :rocket: BFR x 2 :unitedstates: U-S-A Chant x 1

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    7A29AD43-2A4F-45C7-B2E1-DCEC147768FB.jpeg
    New for 2018: COMFORT CLEAN!!! Just remember as you jab sharp plastic objects into your fragile, innocent gums that it’s comfortable! Let that comfy, relaxing blood flow! Now with Advanced Flouride Coating!**
    Removes food and plaque! Removes tight teeth and sensitive gums!!!!

Dentek: Did I bite something metal? No, that’s your own blood!

** All previous coated floss picks have a recall and should not be handled by anyone with skin. This is not an admission of guilt in relation to the pending litigation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #20 Lovesword, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    About time I gave this a proper BUMP. I've had this on my mind for quite some time but just got around to throwing it together. Enjoy!!!
    SPARTAN.jpg

Edit: here is one with a better font... can't find the official 300 movie title font but eh... close enough I guess.
    SPARTAN2.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1