Range anxiety?

ChargePoint

Country
Country
Flashback to your very first drive in your Tesla (or your EV prior to getting your Tesla)... do you still feel like you have range anxiety?

Here's what a few other drivers had to say :)

DXF

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I was worried about it being a thing but it hardly materialized as a direct thing and within a week or so it's not really what I'd call anxiety. In 5 months I've been below 20% exactly once, I got down to about 15% (roughly 40 miles) when I got home. It took a bit to internalize the planning and I expect I'll push it a bit more with time, to see where the limits are. It's just that it hasn't really come up. A >200 mi range really is a lot.

I think it is still sort of there, with indirect impact. My wife won't leave home with less than "full" charge (use Hilltop mode, 90% is "full", to minimize battery degredation ). I do but really almost always it was planned ahead. Because you have to drive hours to bring down the battery you've got a lot of empty time to use to plan ahead. So I already have a pretty good idea where I'm at.

There was once where I had to consider really pushing the range, it would have been tight (maybe sub-10%, potential I wouldn't make it). But then the situation changed and there was'n any call for it.

With 300+ mi range I can't see how it would EVER come up around home. I expect the only time will be trying to make it across a large, unnatural gap in the SC network (which at this point still exist), or I've brain-farted and forgot to plug-in when I last got home. Even the later I'd probably have to do that twice in a row, and also be headed in a direction that doesn't have a SC or be very pressed for time.

Sparky4life

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How many miles have you put on it?
I'm over 97k now.
I was at 61,000 when I sold it in 2016 for a new 30-kWh LEAF. Losing 3 bars put me too close to the edge for my daily commute and the Model 3 was still years away, so the 2016 LEAF bridged the gap for me. My 2016 LEAF now has 35k miles and has lost no bars so far (LEAFSpy indicates 89% battery health so I'm close to losing the first bar). I'm still getting used to the idea that I can go anywhere I want in my 3!