Range anxiety?

Discussion in 'Tesla Discussions' started by ChargePoint, May 28, 2018.

More threads by ChargePoint
  1. ChargePoint

Expand Collapse

Country
    Flashback to your very first drive in your Tesla (or your EV prior to getting your Tesla)... do you still feel like you have range anxiety?

Here's what a few other drivers had to say :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tim-sutherland

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    The other day I got a little nervous the first time I went below 70miles of range. But my fried with a leaf can't get that far on a full charge. And also I drove the first week of ownership without charging at all, so no real need to worry...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. garsh

Dis Member
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
    Every.
    Damn.
    Day.

No more Nissans for me. :(

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DXF

DXF
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I was worried about it being a thing but it hardly materialized as a direct thing and within a week or so it's not really what I'd call anxiety. In 5 months I've been below 20% exactly once, I got down to about 15% (roughly 40 miles) when I got home. It took a bit to internalize the planning and I expect I'll push it a bit more with time, to see where the limits are. It's just that it hasn't really come up. A >200 mi range really is a lot.

I think it is still sort of there, with indirect impact. My wife won't leave home with less than "full" charge (use Hilltop mode, 90% is "full", to minimize battery degredation ). I do but really almost always it was planned ahead. Because you have to drive hours to bring down the battery you've got a lot of empty time to use to plan ahead. So I already have a pretty good idea where I'm at.

There was once where I had to consider really pushing the range, it would have been tight (maybe sub-10%, potential I wouldn't make it). But then the situation changed and there was'n any call for it.

With 300+ mi range I can't see how it would EVER come up around home. I expect the only time will be trying to make it across a large, unnatural gap in the SC network (which at this point still exist), or I've brain-farted and forgot to plug-in when I last got home. Even the later I'd probably have to do that twice in a row, and also be headed in a direction that doesn't have a SC or be very pressed for time.