1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

recognize different driver upon entry

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by teslanewbe, Jun 28, 2018.

1. teslanewbe

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    My wife is small and if I try to get into the car after she has driven it the seat and steering wheel are in her positions, too small for me to enter. How do I get the car to recognize my settings before I get in?

Tech support told me the car stays on the last profile until you change the driver profile on the screen….after you get in.

My Honda sets the steering wheel and seat when it recognizes the key fob, this seems to be an easy fix.

2. GDN

GDN
    M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    A lot of us agree and we hope that Tesla will add this in an upcoming release. Tie the driver profile to a specific "Key" or "phone".

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    The Model S already does this with the FOB so I would think they could transition that over to the Model 3.

It's a pretty neat functionality, I still enjoy the seat moving for me when we take my wife's car anywhere and I'm going to drive.

4. Twiglett

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    at least Tesla keep adding things to the list saved by driver profile.
    Didn't we get climate control settings at 21.9 ? Not sure if it was just temp or if it included vent position.

5. Derik

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country

Have you tried to use the easy entry settings? Moves the seat to a specific position when you enter park. Then it'll move back when you put your foot on the brake.

I only have 1 driver entry set up, but it would seem that it should go to whatever key is detected drivers profile when you hit the brake. So that would set you up for your position / her position / and have the seat back where it's easy for either of you to get in an out of the car.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Ed Woodrick

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I'll agree, set the Easy Entry to a neutral position that makes it easy to get into and out of the car. Then user profiles as needed.

7. teslanewbe

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Derik,

She does not like easy entry, but this is how it works when it is used.

Assume driver 1 is the current settings and they have easy entry turned on, when they switch into park the seat and steering wheel move to the easy entry position. Now driver 2 wants to drive, they get into the car and nothing moves until they touch the brake pedal, the positions move to the last driver, (driver 1) position. touching the driver 2 on the screen moves the positions to comfortable. The next time driver 1 is in the car the positions need to be manually switched again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. GDN

GDN
    M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    This is true, but I forgot about easy entry. If you will set it so the wheel is up and the seat is back at least you can get in next time after she drives. I agree that it should select the profile based on key and it does not right now, but if she would at least use the option that is there then you can get in. It is a quick two taps to select a new profile once you are in the car. This is about as good as it gets until Tesla will tie the bluetooth to the profile.