Refund issue

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

C Vastag

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi there,
I was excited to be able to order a model 3 in June as the Ontario, Canada government was offering a generous rebate. When the rebate was scrapped unfortunately I was forced to cancel my order. I was told by Tesla customer support that the 4200$ refund woud take up to 2 months to process. I have been waiting since July for the refund, called and emailed numerous times and I am now appalled that I still did not receive it. I get the run around every time I call. I contacted Elon over social media and emailed Marc Wilson with no luck. I am ready to perhaps seek legal advice, as at this point it's about principal. Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it? Your help is much appreciated.

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was over-charged on most of the line items on my MVPA (license tags, tax, loan amount) and charged more to my loan company (by Tesla) than what was due for the car. I have been calling and emailng since end of September (delivery date 09/25) and while some folks appear to be helpful, no one can tell me how to resolve these issues other than talk to the Finance people. I have called there more than 100 times and NO ONE EVER ANSWERS. Always only voice mail. Have left mote than 20 messages, no response in seven weeks so far.

All of the inside sales and IDA folks I have spoken with or emailed say they don't have access to any financial data and I must speak with the Finance Group (yep, the folks that probably don't exist). One person suggested I contact the folks at the service line but I don't have a free hour every day to see if a human might actually answer: "Your estimated hold time is 55 minutes ...".

As I've noted previously: Customer Service in not in Tesla's vocabulary.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was over-charged on most of the line items on my MVPA (license tags, tax, loan amount) and charged more to my loan company (by Tesla) than what was due for the car. I have been calling and emailng since end of September (delivery date 09/25) and while some folks appear to be helpful, no one can tell me how to resolve these issues other than talk to the Finance people. I have called there more than 100 times and NO ONE EVER ANSWERS. Always only voice mail. Have left mote than 20 messages, no response in seven weeks so far.

All of the inside sales and IDA folks I have spoken with or emailed say they don't have access to any financial data and I must speak with the Finance Group (yep, the folks that probably don't exist). One person suggested I contact the folks at the service line but I don't have a free hour every day to see if a human might actually answer: "Your estimated hold time is 55 minutes ...".

You have time to make 100 calls over 7 weeks, but not wait on hold for less than an hour?

FRC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Have you tried the chat line? Not sure they will be any more responsive, but at least you don't have to stay on hold all day. I have used them recently with success. UPDATE...I just went to Tesla.com to help describe how to navigate to the difficult to locate chat line and it seems to have disappeared! I just used it yesterday, but now the link is gone, anyone know anything? RE-UPDATE: OK, after extensive searching, I have relocated the live chat line that is now even further imbedded and harder to find. At Tesla.com home page, click on the 3 lines top right->click support->click tesla app support in middle column->click customer support and roadside assistance->click live chat icon in circle bottom right of screen and good luck! Hopefully this will work until Tesla makes it even harder to find. One note, in my past experience, the live chat icon disappears after normal business hours.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you tried the chat line? Not sure they will be any more responsive, but at least you don't have to stay on hold all day. I have used them recently with success. UPDATE...I just went to Tesla.com to help describe how to navigate to the difficult to locate chat line and it seems to have disappeared! I just used it yesterday, but now the link is gone, anyone know anything?
It's probably only available during certain hours of the day.

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep, tried chat line and everyone else I can reach via email or phone . ALL OF THEM tell me they don't have access to see any of the numbers on the MVPA past the price of the car - can't see tax, title, registration, loan amount etc. They all tell me I MUST talk with the Finance Group folks. After seven+ weeks and no response, I'm convinced a Finance Group does not exist.

There is no excuse for such poor customer service.

JasonF

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is always the option of going to a Tesla showroom and politely asking for help. Politely because they are all under a lot of pressure right now, and don't really have to help you, but they might if you're nice enough.

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is always the option of going to a Tesla showroom and politely asking for help. Politely because they are all under a lot of pressure right now, and don't really have to help you, but they might if you're nice enough.
Nearest "showroom" or SC is 2+ hours (one way) away form me.

And since I don't usually have 1+ hours a day to wait on hold, spending five hours (round trip) just to see if "maybe, possibly, if I'm really, really lucky and real, real nice someone in the sales dept might be able to help me" is not gonna happen.

If I lived 15 minutes from a SC, different story. But that is not the case here.