1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

Refunds for model 3

Discussion in 'Reserving, Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Alan F, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
More threads by Alan F
  1. Alan F

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Greenwich CT
    Country
    Has anybody else had trouble getting a refund on a reservation for a model 3 ?
    I processed my refund request online March 18th. (It's now April 18th as I write this)
    I was told I would get a confirmation email and that actual refund would take 2-3 weeks.
    I asked them to send me a check rather than credit the original card since I no longer have that card. They said they can't due to federal laws against money laundering. (BS). March 28th I sent an email to Tesla since I had still not received a confirmation email.
    April 8th I sent them another email since I still have not received any response.
    April 18th send more emails and called them. Still have never received any responses and "Manuel" from Telsa is looking for the $1000 they have misplaced.
    I think poor Manuel is the only employee they have handling orders, reservations and refunds.

2. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    @Alan F , sorry to read that, for you mainly...

While AWD has indeed now been quoted as delayed 6-9 months, one can reasonably expect production to begin early 2018, which I would have not characterised as 'nowhere in sight'... But, hey, it's a free country (to-date...;)) so if you decided you could not wait any longer, so be it...
    Just hope you don't come to regret it when you see the car on a nearby driveway...

As for the refund, I had not problem after I had cancelled my initial reservation (hadn't properly secured my in-house CEO no exception... :( Yet managed to do soon thereafter so was back on again one week later... :D). Granted, they did credit my Visa within the planned 3 weeks so unfortunately can't comment on your specific situation with a card that does not exist any longer in the meantime... :confused:

Good luck. So what is your EV Plan B, in New York, or in Greenwich?? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Customer Service issues need to be taken up directly with Tesla.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.