1. We're hard at work on a software upgrade which will likely take place around the first weekend of October. We'll keep you posted and thanks for the support!

2. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Remote climate control issue

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by TrickorDevice, Jun 30, 2018.

1. TrickorDevice

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I checked the interior temperature of my model three from the app this morning. I saw that it was at 104° so I turned on the air conditioning to 80°. We were leaving to go for a day trip in a different vehicle. I figured I would check back a few hours later to make sure that the cabin was still not too hot. But due to the days activities I forgot to do that. When we got home I checked the app and realized that it appeared the climate control system was still on. I noticed that my battery had drained about 60 miles over the course of around 8 hours.

I thought that if you activated the climate control from the app and never entered the vehicle it would turn off after 30 minutes? Was this a software glitch?

I hope I didn’t damage the climate control for leaving it on for so long.

2. 3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    From page 89 of the owners manual:

"When you use the mobile app to turn on the climate control system, it automatically turns off after 30 minutes. To cool or heat the cabin for a longer period, you must turn it on again."

However, many people use the A/C all night long to camp in Model S/X and it's well known to Tesla. I'm sure you did no harm by leaving your system running. Lots of people are hoping for an official "camping mode" setting where you can allow the system to run, possibly in a future update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TrickorDevice

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    So it definitely seems like some software glitch happened. I knew I had read that somewhere.

Thank you for reassuring this OCD driver. Ha! It makes me feel better that you believe I didn’t cause any damage to the vehicle. I really do appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Cheers and have a great day

4. Kcharwood

Expand Collapse

Country
    A recent change keeps the conditioning running until you hit 20% of the battery. I believe the manual is actually out of date.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TrickorDevice

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Thanks for the info. That’s a pretty big change if someone was banking on having a certain amount of battery. Hopefully they’ll list such big changes in future change logs.

Model 3 Owners Club © 2018. All rights reserved.
Model 3 Owners Club (M3OC) is an enthusiast club and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or the Tesla Motors Club Forum (TMC).
All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.