Removal and staining the dash darker video

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks good. I agree that the wood looks a bit light for the dark interior, but I will have to see it in person first before I decide if I wrap it or maybe try that since looks like it came out quite nice.

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks good. I agree that the wood looks a bit light for the dark interior, but I will have to see it in person first before I decide if I wrap it or maybe try that since looks like it came out quite nice.
Agreed. The wood grain as-is has grown on me since I first saw it, so I'm planning to live with it a while before I try to modify it. Plus, as the video here shows, it may not turn out as planned, even with a dark stain. You'd need a different approach or application to get it to work, I think (if at all).

For what it's worth, we're also discussing this topic here.

Mrwolf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for sharing. I took delivery on Friday. I thought the same as others. Why is it light! After some Thought, it’s like many high end speakers. Light-Medium wood and piano black case. Anyway appreciate the step by step. I may stain in a few months when I get bored with the light color and run out of things to add to the car. :)