Remove T Logo from No Aero Wheel Cover Wheels

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I've removed my M3's aero wheel cover and put the kit bought from Tesla. Anyone has removed the center T logo? I wanna put the cover on for a upcoming roadtrip.

I have no idea to pull the center T logo out. I've searched the internet and saw people using duck tape to pull it out. Any successful experience could share with me?

Thanks!

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Either a wad of duct tape, or some kind of suction cup.

Otherwise, you need to pull the wheel off and poke it out from the back.

Mohammad

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I was looking at some suction cups online. Not sure which one is the best. I've read some caps broke with some suction cups and I've also read that duct tape scratches the caps.

xnappo

Country
Country
Just get a simple old school one - not the super clampy kind.

I am using the one that came with this set:

[mod edit: Amazon link added]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mohammad

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Just get a simple old school one - not the super clampy kind.

I am using the one that came with this set:

Ugh, I guess I can't post links? 41 messages?

Search Amazon for:
Mobilephone Repair Tool, Anokay 11 pieces Cell Phones Repair Professional Opening Pry Mobile Phone Repair Tool Kit Screwdriver Set for Iphone Samsung
Can you confirm it's this one?
I'm in Canada, so I tried Amazon.ca.
Thanks.
upload_2018-6-18_14-27-58.png

Ed Woodrick

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've removed my M3's aero wheel cover and put the kit bought from Tesla. Anyone has removed the center T logo? I wanna put the cover on for a upcoming roadtrip.

I have no idea to pull the center T logo out. I've searched the internet and saw people using duck tape to pull it out. Any successful experience could share with me?

Thanks!
Mine have enough room that I used an old dull table knife between the cover and wheel and wedged it out.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I tried experimenting with magnets to easily pull them off (even writing an article on this site), but the magnets were not strong enough. Ultimately, the easiest and cheapest way was to buy this suction cup for $2 https://m.harborfreight.com/suction-cup-with-quick-release-62715.html . Just wet it a little bit before use and it works great!
Hi, android04. I got the suction cup from harborfreight today. However, I was not able to pull it out as the cup wouldn't suck the T logo cap. Could you please shed a little more light? Thx!

android04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi, android04. I got the suction cup from harborfreight today. However, I was not able to pull it out as the cup wouldn't suck the T logo cap. Could you please shed a little more light? Thx!
I have a spray bottle with water and a little baby shampoo that I use to clean some stuff. I use that to wet the suction cup and cap. Then push the suction cup hard against the wheel cap and pull the lever closed so it sucks harder. Then just pull them off.