1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

ReSetting Mirror Tilt for Reverse

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by Djuka, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Djuka

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Hi Friends,

During delivery my sales representative had me set my side view mirrors for normal driving and then for reversing. After owning the car for 6 months I was trying to make some adjustments to the mirror tilt in reverse and save them. I have had no luck. After making adjustments and using the save feature that pops up for the driver profile the mirrors still go to the originally set position. The manual does not specifically mention how to save the new mirror tilt position. I have used the menus and the pop ups to save and had no luck in saving the mirror tilt I prefer. Is there a way to clear/reset the mirror tilt and save the new setting? I have resorted to leaving mirror tilt off for now. Thanks for any help with my poorly pointed mirrors.

Cheers,
    PO

2. 3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Just put the car in Reverse, adjust the mirrors, and save the setting. It should go back there every time you select reverse. Make sure you have your own driver profile selected when performing the above steps.

3. Djuka

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Thanks for the quick reply. That is the problem. The mirror tilt feature does not save the NEW setting. It always goes to the same (old) position. No matter what I do. I will go mess around with it in a few minutes just to make sure I am not having a "brain fart". Thanks again.

PO

4. @gravityrydr

Expand Collapse

Country
    Try deleting the profile and re-creating it. I know a pain but may be worth a try.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. garsh

Dis Member
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    MAKE SURE THE CAR IS IN REVERSE. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Actually it's not much of a pain because all you need to do is delete the profile WHILE the car is in that profile. Then create a new one and all the settings should be the same.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Djuka

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Hi Kids,
    No problem creating another profile. I was thinking the same thing when it was suggested (great minds and all that)! However, no joy. The mirror tilt position remains the same. Keep the suggestions coming. I am pretty adept with all things Tesla but the is vexing me. I am sure there is a solution and it probably involves one step I have missed. Just cannot put my finger on it. Thanks everyone.

PO

8. 3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    So, just to be clear, you have the car in Reverse when you are adjuting the mirrors correct? Not showing "H" for hold or anything else? (Not that I'm sure that would matter). Both of my mirrors auto fold down every time I put the car in reverse and it's never failed to work.

If nothing above works it might be time to put in a service request.

9. Djuka

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Hi,

Yes. Foot on brake. Reverse selected. The mirrors auto tilt as they should. Just not to the aiming/setting I would like for backing up. Is the aim point adjustable in auto tilt? Wherever I put them and save the setting, they end up in the same place as before. Thanks.

PO

10. 3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Okay, so the auto tilt function is working but you can't seem to set them to a new place. Now the problem is clearer. To answer the question, Yes, you should be able to set them where you want and save that position. Once in reverse you should be able to move them and save that setting. If that is not working a new profile should do the trick, that is probably the best way to solve your issue.

11. @gravityrydr

Expand Collapse

Country
    I have a low pain threshold.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    >>> I have a low pain threshold.
    I don't buy that, looking at your profile photo...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Kizzy

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    @Djuka, which software version is your car on?

14. suprteck

Expand Collapse

Country
    I have the same problem, brought it in to the SC and they said its a known problem. You can try to recalibrate the mirror by adjusting it the full range up, down, left, right and then saving the position in reverse. I couldnt get it to work so I just turned off auto tilt. They said it would start to lose its saved position again and they are coming out with a fix in a future update.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Djuka

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Hi Friends,

Still no joy on getting the mirrors to remember a new reverse tilt position. Every iteration that has been suggested has been tried. The software version is 2018.28.3 712cf878. Thank you @superteck for letting me know I am not alone. Thank you to all participants in the Forum for your replies.

Cheers,
    PO

16. Art

Art
    Expand Collapse

Country
    This did not work for me. Mirrors went back to downward view. I turn the downward view off because it is unsafe when unable to view traffic.

17. Pat Fenis

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I'm actually not a fan of always on auto tilt. I have it on a cloned profile that also has chill /comfort steering, allows for a quick tap for highway cruising and curbside parking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Skelly

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I have the same issue. I would like the passenger's side mirror to tilt down to see the curb, but keep the driver's side up. I have not been able to find a way to keep this setting. I've tried new profiles, etc.... Hopefully the issue will be resolved in an update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Model 3 Owners Club © 2018. All rights reserved.
Model 3 Owners Club (M3OC) is an enthusiast club and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or the Tesla Motors Club Forum (TMC).
All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.