1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

RIGHT HAND DRIVE

Discussion in 'Model 3 Reveal' started by Robbo, Sep 11, 2017.

More threads by Robbo
  1. Robbo

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Sydney New South Wales
    Country
    I ordered my Model 3 on the first day (here in Australia that was like16 hours before you guys in the Republic of California) but have absolutely no idea when I'll get it. Heresy, I know, but I'm thinking 2018 Nissan Leaf out of despair! We got Model S pretty quickly, but I couldn't raise the cash.

2. SoFlaModel3

Impatiently Waiting
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Coral Springs, FL
    Country
    Robbo we know right hand drive will be last on Model 3 so I think that means late 2018 or 2019 for you unfortunately.

What do you see when you go to your MyTesla page and click on the delivery estimator?

3. Robbo

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Sydney New South Wales
    Country
    Thanks, mate! I didn't realize I could do that.
    Sadly, it says early 2019.
    Still, maybe by then there'll be more options and, by some miracle, the Australian government will see the light and offer incentives, rather than the penalty "luxury car tax - 33% over a threshold) that we have to pay on any Tesla.
    Oh, that will be the same government that is encouraging new coal fired power capacity "to maintain our resource independence"
    You think you've got trouble with Trump...

• Like Like x 2
    • SoFlaModel3

Impatiently Waiting
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Coral Springs, FL
      Country
      Sorry to hear that on both fronts :(

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
        Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Belgium now, SW France when my Model ≡ gets here
        Country
        @Robbo , remember anything international (in other words outside the US... ;)) has a placeholder delivery estimate. Europe has 'Late 2018', except RHD markets like UK\Eire where it says 'early 2019' like for you guys Down Under.

We'll have a more accurate estimate by mid-next when they are well into the 5k/week rate and hopefully higher on the path to 10k! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Fun_for_the_grandkids

Supporting Member
          Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
          Canberra, ACT
          Country
          @Robbo, really feel for you - that's nearly a three year wait!! :(
          Time for the confessional - I also have had evil thoughts - I've even visited the Nissan and BMW dealers. The salesperson at Nissan was a dead loss and had no interest in selling a Leaf - Nissan Australia have been badly burnt by the Australian Government's neanderthal approach to EVs (and sales staff dis-interest) and still have quite a few brand new 2012 Leaf's sitting on their books. Suspect the 2018 model may only come to Australia towards the end of 2018. Having read the reviews I was amazed that it doesn't have better range - at least that made it easier to decide to wait for the Model 3.
          The BMW salesperson was the opposite to Nissan's - very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the i3. I gave some thought to buying a low mileage second hand i3 but given Thomas Mikl's experience I won't go that way either.
          (see thread Comparing Model 3 to several other cars in the same segment. )
          Bottom line - by the time we get ours Model 3 there will be full choice of options, nearly 18 of user experience and any new developments such as better range, the 100m wiring harness, better range, etc..
          Someone in Belgium - who will remain nameless - still holds out hope of a HUD miraculously appearing, first in the S and X and then in the Model 3. Now wouldn't that be nice. :)

• Like Like x 1