RPM No Longer Selling Puddle Lights?

JRR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A couple months ago, I found some puddle lights on RPM Tesla's website that I was planning to buy once I got my Model 3. Now that I have the car, I went to their website and they are no longer listed. I called them and they said that they are not planning to restock them for the model 3.

The ones I wanted had the Tesla "T" along with the "TESLA" spelled out below the "T". Does anyone know if those are sold anywhere else? I know Abstract Ocean has the ones with just the "T", but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm pretty bummed, hopefully someone has some good news for me.

Thanks!

They looked like these but with the Tesla "T" instead of the "X":
http://www.instapuk.com/p/1753480890934903287_1442126311

JRR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks! It's not quite what I was looking for though. I was really hoping to get the ones with the "TESLA" under the "T".

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A couple months ago, I found some puddle lights on RPM Tesla's website that I was planning to buy once I got my Model 3. Now that I have the car, I went to their website and they are no longer listed. I called them and they said that they are not planning to restock them for the model 3.

The ones I wanted had the Tesla "T" along with the "TESLA" spelled out below the "T". Does anyone know if those are sold anywhere else? I know Abstract Ocean has the ones with just the "T", but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm pretty bummed, hopefully someone has some good news for me.

Thanks!

They looked like these but with the Tesla "T" instead of the "X":
http://www.instapuk.com/p/1753480890934903287_1442126311
Abstract Ocean also has all the various puddle light styles
https://www.abstractocean.com/ultra-bright-led-puddle-lights-pair/

JRR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Abstract Ocean doesn't seem to have all of the various styles that RPM used to have. Specifically a "T" version of this:

oripaamoni

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Abstract Ocean doesn't seem to have all of the various styles that RPM used to have. Specifically a "T" version of this:

I have a set with the T and a set with the 3 bars logo. Not going to use them shoot me a PM.

JRR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a set with the T and a set with the 3 bars logo. Not going to use them shoot me a PM.
Do they have the word “Tesla” under the “T” logo?

Sandy

One obsession to the next
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It also appears RPM has deleted everything off their website that involves the Tesla ‘T’. No more centercap T stickers. Basically anything that had the T in vinyl or lights is gone.

There are some vinyl pieces with the T cutout basically just the hollow outline. TM infringement issue?

Even the puddle and T logo install vids are gone.

I got my 3 bar puddles from AO. They have the T vinyl logos as well. I also have their 9H glass screen protector. I really like glass (only glass) screen protectors.

Last edited:

JRR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It also appears RPM has deleted everything off their website that involves the Tesla ‘T’. No more centercap T stickers. Basically anything that had the T in vinyl or lights is gone.

There are some vinyl pieces with the T cutout basically just the hollow outline. TM infringement issue?
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if this might happen to Abstract Ocean as well.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if this might happen to Abstract Ocean as well.
Probably best to ‘get em while you can’.

Point 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I got my 3 bar puddles from AO. They have the T vinyl logos as well. I also have their 9H glass screen protector. I really like glass (only glass) screen protectors.
That is why he told me he had to take down the “Model 3” emblem he had listed too.

sledhead36

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

All the vendors that had no licensing received a letter to cease and desist. It was fun while it lasted.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All the vendors that had no licensing received a letter to cease and desist. It was fun while it lasted.
I'm glad I got my puddle lights from RPM Tesla when I did. Very happy with them!

JRR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Abstract Ocean's response when asked about the puddle lights with the word "TESLA" under the "T" logo:

Thanks for the idea! We don't have plans to expand the range at the moment, the issue with adding the text is that the definition and shape can get a bit funky at the edges, as can be seen in your photo. It's such small lens that we're working with, so the sweetspot in the middle, before the image starts to distort, is quite small.

I might have to just get the "T" logo puddle lights while they still have them as it sounds like they won't be adding more options any time soon...

Attached a picture for reference of the RPM lights.

Attachments

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was planning on getting the red Tesla puddle lights from RPM, which I have not seen in other stores. When I went to order last week they were gone. Thankfully I found them and plenty of other designs on eBay.
These are the ones I ordered, and they arrived in less than a week and work well (on my desk...if only Tesla could make cars this quickly)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logo-Door-...var=651144383520&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Fan#1

Country
Country
As I attempted to replace the M3 door floor lights over the weekend, I learn the door electronics are interconnected. If CAR detects the LED lights are not connected window will retract up, in this case, if someone tries to close the door, it may cause damage to the window glass. This is a different design then S and X.

Replacing RPM Tesla floor lights, one fo the door LED light connection cable was short in length and I was not able to put back LEDs, so I learned this hard way. I had to visit the service center to get help put the LED lights back on. FYI, the service center may help you put things on your M3 with some labor changes, worth checking with them.

JRR

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was planning on getting the red Tesla puddle lights from RPM, which I have not seen in other stores. When I went to order last week they were gone. Thankfully I found them and plenty of other designs on eBay.
These are the ones I ordered, and they arrived in less than a week and work well (on my desk...if only Tesla could make cars this quickly)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logo-Door-Courtesy-Welcome-Laser-Ghost-Shadow-Lights-for-TESLA-MODEL-S-X-L-Y-3/382357111032?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=651144383520&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Thanks! I ordered a pair of these. I think this is as close as I can get to what I was looking for.