RPM Tesla : Model 3 Ambient Colored LED Lighting Upgrade Kit

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought these(blue) recently from RPM tesla they add some cool lightning to the interior of the car during night time but I have observed that my range has decreased since installing them.
When driving for 50 miles a round trip on which 40+ miles was on the highway with autopilot on I saw that my range went down by 70 miles(140% usage) with these lights. I haven't seen such a huge drop in range unless I drive locally and floor it at every chance I get.

Has anyone else observed the same.?

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It can't be the lights drawing so much, in fact the car is very sensitive to loads and will kill the circuit to the lights if they draw too much, as these manufacturers discovered when they first tried making them too bright.

The higher usage is pretty typical with increased speeds or colder weather.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I live in Arizona. I don't how you would define cold. It was ~65C when I installed the lights. I installed them outside on my driveway.
Does the temperature when I installed the lights has anything to do with it.?