RPM Tesla

GoKingsGo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone experienced any issues with delayed delivery and lack of communication from RPM? i placed an order a week ago Monday and haven't received anything. I contacted them a few times for tracking info but no response. I live in Los Angeles which is close to them so shipping shouldn't take more than a day as long as they send the order out.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone experienced any issues with delayed delivery and lack of communication from RPM? i placed an order a week ago Monday and haven't received anything. I contacted them a few times for tracking info but no response. I live in Los Angeles which is close to them so shipping shouldn't take more than a day as long as they send the order out.
My only experience with them was actually rapid reply on a weekend no less. I haven’t placed an order yet though...

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Top notch so far! Fast shipping and great communication!

skygraff

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My only experience with them was actually rapid reply on a weekend no less. I haven’t placed an order yet though...
Yeah, I placed the order for matte black console last Thursday (right after configuring) and got an e-mail today (Tuesday) saying it has shipped. So far so good.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered some stuff and got it right away. Also contacted them after the order because they advertised a 20% sale a they let me add items for free. Communication was fast and no problem. I'd say try them again. They were great for me and the products seem high quality and fair priced.

GoKingsGo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered some stuff and got it right away. Also contacted them after the order because they advertised a 20% sale a they let me add items for free. Communication was fast and no problem. I'd say try them again. They were great for me and the products seem high quality and fair priced.
They called me today and will ship tomorrow. My first shipment at the beginning of the month was fast. The 2nd one a week and a half to ship out but I am sure they are really busy with all of the new 3's being delivered.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They called me today and will ship tomorrow. My first shipment at the beginning of the month was fast. The 2nd one a week and a half to ship out but I am sure they are really busy with all of the new 3's being delivered.
Just curious, what did you get from them? I don't even have the car yet but I got the puddle lights, upgraded interior lights, and the brushed titanium wrap for the center console and steering wheel. I see you have a white Model 3, same as I will be ordering, just wondering what upgrades you're doing.

GoKingsGo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just curious, what did you get from them? I don't even have the car yet but I got the puddle lights, upgraded interior lights, and the brushed titanium wrap for the center console and steering wheel. I see you have a white Model 3, same as I will be ordering, just wondering what upgrades you're doing.
I got the brushed titanium center console wrap and the door handle clear bra (I can't stand fingerprints). I screwed up the cup holder section so they were sending me a new one for free which is very nice.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone had issues with the width of the RMP Tesla center console vinyl? I installed brush black metal last weekend and it seems there is some material missing.

View attachment 6958 View attachment 6959
you may want to contact RMP and send your photos showing the shortage. they mentioned in a video some have said the long dash piece was a little short, but it is intended to be slightly stretched to fit. These small pieces should fit without stretching, from what I understand.

Clonephoon

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
you may want to contact RMP and send your photos showing the shortage. they mentioned in a video some have said the long dash piece was a little short, but it is intended to be slightly stretched to fit. These small pieces should fit without stretching, from what I understand.
I agree the small console pieces should not require stretching. Some areas were wide enough and they actually curled around the edge to hide the extra.

Will be contacting them again to find a solution. Thanks!

dtm844

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They have been pretty awful from the get go for me as well. Took them over a week to ship, and after sending 2 emails they finally responded. I received it 4 days ago and almost every piece had a permanent crease in it and I've sent them 3 emails with no luck. I also texted them (per their website) and nothing. Extremely disappointed so far.

OCD

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
same issue regarding RPM and lack of communication. Ordered the 3m for the console and the 3m door handles ten days ago.. sent an email 4 days ago requesting communication if it shipped and just sent an email now, so will see if they revert back..

Clonephoon

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Okay so my case isn't an exception. In ever email back to me, RPM comes up with some reason I installed incorrectly. No mention of needing to stretch.

I measured the top of the center console section in my car to be 196mm and the RPM vinyl to be 192mm. I feel the specs for their cutouts are not correct leaving it impossible to install all three pieces without gloss black showing.

Even in their video, they show ~2mm of gloss black showing on the centerpiece.

Capture rpm.JPG

Mjp462

Country
Country
same issue regarding RPM and lack of communication. Ordered the 3m for the console and the 3m door handles ten days ago.. sent an email 4 days ago requesting communication if it shipped and just sent an email now, so will see if they revert back..
I ordered last week. Still not shipped. Sent email yesterday. No response. In the age of Amazon, Mark needs to do better than this.

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
These complaints are giving me pause. My initial reaction to some of their stuff was that it was mildly overpriced for what it was (the pre-cut vinyl wraps, mostly). However, over time I figured if the product was accurate it was probably less of a hassle than DIY and perhaps justified the price. So much so that I currently have a number of their items in cart now, ready to buy.

However, between the poor QC and lack of communication/customer service, I may look around for other options, or even just go ahead and forge forward with my plan to DIY. The reality is the 3M vinyl they're using can be purchased for pennies on the dollar compared to what they're charging. It's only the edges/corners where it gets a little tricky, but is doable if you're methodical and patient.

The cherry on top, was that this video popped up in my YT recommended list today (because I've viewed others from them). They're advertising replacement 19" wheel hubs (the plastic piece that clips to the middle), and specifically said in the video they're not gouging on price. I proceeded to click through to their site and almost spit out my beverage when I saw what they're asking for it - $399 for a set of 4. You can get a full set of aero wheel covers (a product several times larger) for 20% less than that from Tesla directly!

Honestly, if their stuff was no-fuss and working with them wasn't an issue, I might be willing to overlook their prices. However, that seems to not be the case with them, yet, unfortunately.

Last edited:

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've ordered several items from RPM Tesla and have always gotten them very quickly. They have also responded to e-mail and even made sure of an order once before shipping it out. Maybe they are just getting really busy with all the Model 3's getting delivered but so far I've been very happy with them and the quality of the products they sell. Just my 2cents worth.

Travelwolf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
even in the video linked here the install is not good. If that was my car I would not have accepted it the way he installed the vinyl (black showing around cup holder edges and corners, bubbles still in the material). Honestly, if you are going to make a product video you should make sure you get it perfect. all this did for me was encourage me to go somewhere else for a product that will fit, or let my guy doing the ppf cut it himself and put it on.