shop.tesla.com issues

Discussion in 'Tesla Discussions' started by SoFlaModel3, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
More threads by SoFlaModel3
  1. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Well I ordered a “3” t-shirt from Tesla on February 24th and heard nothing, sound familiar? :p

So I emailed on March 20th asking for a status.

They replied on March 22nd saying the shirt is out of stock and I will be issued a refund. Meanwhile, you can still add the shirt to your cart on Tesla.com in my color and size (black / large) :mad::mad::mad:

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/apparel/men_s-model-3-t-shirt.html?sku=1453588-00-A

If there was one thing in the way of this company being literally the greatest ever, it would be communication.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BluestarE3

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    You need to order the XXXL size if you want it right away. They haven't started production on the standard sizes yet. :D

I've had pretty good luck with the online store so far. Of the three orders I've placed, only the cable organizer was delayed due to it being out of stock (it was indicated as such on the website when I ordered), and I received it a week or two later. The rest of my orders were delivered a day or two after I'd placed them.

OTOH, I have yet to receive an email telling me my Model 3 is ready to be configured (good thing I obsessively check my account daily or I wouldn't have known). ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Shoot, I STILL haven’t received an email telling me my Model 3 is ready to be configured... o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Hey me too ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. systemBuilder

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I ordered a TShirt last week and was told that they won't be making TShirts for the next 3 months, but i am welcome to upgrade to a sweatshirt, and that monies allocated to my TShirt can serve as a reservation for my sweatshirt! Lol ...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. jordanp123

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Anybody order a UMC in awhile ? I ordered another one ~1.5-2 weeks ago so I could leave one in the car and one always plugged in, but I've never got a shipment order or anything from Tesla. Was mainly wondering if their was a backlog of orders for it.

7. Sumiguchi

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Has anyone ever had a response to a support request to shop.tesla.com? I found that items shipped quickly both times I ordered, but on my last order I got double charged and no one seems to respond to my emails.... I called them, since my bank requested I try all avenues before they dispute the charge, but they basically told me that shop.tesla.com can only be reached by email.

I also noticed that the Model S/X/3 Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle which is available in USA is not available in Canada. (Not sold out... just not listed as a product available in Canada). I don't need one - thank goodness - but seems odd that something so critical to the operation of the vehicle is not available...

8. scott franco

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    No
    Country
    I ordered a cover for the M3 like a month ago. I ordered my wall charger and it arrived in like 5 minutes. Anyone know what is going on with that?

Getting tired of fixing damage from tree droppings on the car. I don't have the option to park indoors.

I'm actually thinking of getting a cheap autozone cover to tide me over. Called customer support, they don't have an answer.

9. ravisorg

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I ordered the rear cargo mat, got double billed and triple shipped. No response from email. Eventually called the toll free number and the guy claimed they had just switched over to a new internal support and fulfillment system for the store (previously apparently handled by a third party) and there were some hiccups. He updated my ticket but was unable to directly refund or setup return shipping. Someone is supposed to get back to me in 5-10 days, still waiting. I have no doubt it’ll be resolved properly but yeah... waiting.

TLDR; wait or call toll free number.

Also if anyone in Mississauga wants rear cargo mats for the normal price and are willing to pick them up I’m happy to share, I got two extras. I’ll eventually get a refund tho so no discounts

10. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
    Winner!

Sell two on ebay, and you end up with a free rear cargo mat. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ravisorg

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    That’s what I thought, then realized the marketing and organizing and payment and shipping and everyone wanting a discount otherwise just buy from website.... no thanks

12. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
    Or, just try to sell it here in the "For Sale" forum for a few bucks under Tesla's price. Explain the backstory. You hopefully still have the original shipping boxes. You'll probably get two people interested, and little hassle. In the end, with shipping costs, you should still end up with a heavily discounted mat for yourself, as well as saved a couple more people a bit of money.

• Like Like x 1
  13. G0GR33N

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I Ordered a bunch of stuff from the Tesla Store online. Like all weather mats, aero wheel cap kit.. etc
    There has been no update for the order online and there is no way to check it either.
    Did anyone face similar issues?

14. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
  15. G0GR33N

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
  16. Mello

M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
    I ordered the wheel cap kit on Monday from the Tesla store, and received a confirmation email.
    I just got a shipping confirmation this morning (wednesday) and tracking says expected delivery on friday.
    Site said up to 8 weeks for the kit so pretty happy. located in california if that matters.

17. G0GR33N

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Not Fair :(
    Good luck though... I cant wait for mine to ship...

18. Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Ordered three items from shop.tesla.com last night (trunk/frunk mats and the cable organizer), and received (separate) shipping confirmation and tracking emails for each item this morning. Credit card charges look correct. All three items are due to arrive in a week per FedEx tracking.

The only weirdness I noticed was that my shopping cart would sometimes appear to empty itself as I browsed from one item to another (especially across product categories), but when I went to check out, the "missing" items re-appeared in the cart. Wondering if some of the duplicate items are a result of this buggy behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1