Signature Black Wall Connector

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't want to put a damper on this, but the group in Dallas say that rewards can take up to 9 months to ship. It will be the best thing ever the day it arrives, because you will long have forgotten about it.
Well that helps, I’ll forget about now and time will fly!

atebit

Event Horizon II
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
IIRC I had a referral in December, just got my signature WC beginning of August. Not sure if it’s worth the effort to swap out my Gen 1 HPWC. If the Signature supports multiple WCs, maybe I can hang the HPWC off the Signature while I wait for Elon’s pickup truck.

Would’ve rather gotten a Powerwall. :)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had to go look - I was off by a month - Fahad on Facebook posted:
My referral gift Signature charger just arrived, only after 8 months.
Maybe the only saving grace is that no one got them, so perhaps now they have them and you get them faster....? I guess we'll see!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe the only saving grace is that no one got them, so perhaps now they have them and you get them faster....? I guess we'll see!
From what I’ve seen, this is SOP with all rewards. Luggage, wheels, WCs, radio flyer cars, etc... they are eventually delivered, but don’t be watching your doorstep.

lupend88

Country
Country
Wait you only need one referral for the black wall connector? I thought you needed five?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wait you only need one referral for the black wall connector? I thought you needed five?
Nope. Five referrals gets you a Powerwall. :cool:

Details here:
https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program

1 to 2 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for each of their first and second referrals.
  • Signature Black Wall Connector
    This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature. This award will start shipping in July 2018.
  • Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids
    Share the Tesla experience with your kids, with this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system, and a charge port, just like yours.
3 Qualifying Referrals:
Early Access Token for Solar Roof
Be one of the first to get Solar Roof with this early-access token for priority scheduling of a Solar Roof installation. If you do not use this award, the token may be given to a friend.

4 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for their fourth referral.
  • 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S or 22” Turbine Wheels for Model X
    Enhance the performance of your Tesla with these exclusive wheels.
  • One Week with Model S or Model X
    Experience a new Model S or Model X for one week—at home or on the road. If you do not use this award, this exclusive test drive may be given to a friend.
5 Qualifying Referrals:
  • Tesla Unveiling Invitation
    Experience an official unveiling event. Owners who reach five referral orders will be invited to a future unveiling event. Your VIP invitation will be valid for you and one guest.
  • Founders Series Powerwall 2
    Store energy for future use and provide backup power with this red, limited-production Powerwall 2 home battery.

JeffcM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t know how long these take to ship, but my first referral took delivery today and I placed my order for the signature black wall connector. Saaaaweet!!!!
Did you get it yet?

My first referral just got their car delivered, so this week i ordered the signature black WC. (The referral car order was before the October 4 cutoff date, and hence my referral is in the ~previous~ program.)
Am also wondering if they've caught up on the backlog, or its still like an 8 month wait.
The fine print for the current referral program is "shipping in waves starting in November 2018". (Oh.. that's now!)
So, i'm thinking i'm either at the tail end of the last program wait list, or at the front end of the current program.

However... I suspect with the onslaught of model 3 deliveries, it might be more like years.
Otoh.. the referral person i used for my model 3 already had a signature WC, and (I think) ended up with a early invite for solar roof.
So.. maybe there is hope.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you get it yet?

My first referral just got their car delivered, so this week i ordered the signature black WC. (The referral car order was before the October 4 cutoff date, and hence my referral is in the ~previous~ program.)
Am also wondering if they've caught up on the backlog, or its still like an 8 month wait.
The fine print for the current referral program is "shipping in waves starting in November 2018". (Oh.. that's now!)
So, i'm thinking i'm either at the tail end of the last program wait list, or at the front end of the current program.

However... I suspect with the onslaught of model 3 deliveries, it might be more like years.
Otoh.. the referral person i used for my model 3 already had a signature WC, and (I think) ended up with a early invite for solar roof.
So.. maybe there is hope.
Wow time flies, this was 10 weeks ago already. Sadly, no updates to the status since placing the order.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone determined the durability of Elon's signature? Is it really just a silver sharpie or is it silk screened? I would be mounting outside in the elements so would like to find a way to protect it. Maybe a matte clear spray paint.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Has anyone determined the durability of Elon's signature? Is it really just a silver sharpie or is it silk screened? I would be mounting outside in the elements so would like to find a way to protect it. Maybe a matte clear spray paint.
He didn't sign every damn one of them, he only has 24 hours/day like the rest of us! Not sure of the process used to put it on there though.

I ordered mine last week and I really need it for our ski cabin. I need to mount it on a pedestal away from the cabin. It's basically going to be outdoors in a rain forest so I would like it to be a pedestal with a roof to keep the needles and leaves off it. The 15 amp 120V outlet is not cutting it. I only average 4 mi/hr and if I turn on the defrost before I leave it starts drawing my miles down.