Siri and Model 3

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

TrickorDevice

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all,

I've read stories and seen video of owners using Siri to control the Model 3. Electrek had a story recently highlighting the addition of Siri support for Model 3 in March.

Example: "Siri, unlock my car" or "Flash my lights" or "How much range do I have left"

I have the app installed and I have Siri enabled for the Tesla App, but she either says she can't do that, or directs me to the Tesla app.

Has anyone gotten this working? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine works, but I didn’t do anything different than what you did.

TrickorDevice

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmm...which commands are you using with success?

I'll try them verbatim and if it doesn't work in a couple of days, perhaps if I deactivate and activate Siri or reinstall the app it might help.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmm...which commands are you using with success?

I'll try them verbatim and if it doesn't work in a couple of days, perhaps if I deactivate and activate Siri or reinstall the app it might help.
Try these!

Hey Siri... what’s my car’s charge level?

... are my car’s doors locked?

Golden Gate

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bumping this thread... I just enabled this function in the app settings (ios) and it says "You'll need to open Tesla to complete this request." and then prompts me to open the Tesla app. I have a iPhone X and ios 12. I also don't see any Siri shortcuts available to add for Tesla... this is very humbling....

Babar Batla

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When I go to shortcuts app, I don’t see Tesla show up. I see all the iOS functions. Is it suppose to show up there?

Golden Gate

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't see anything there --- but if you swipe right to get to widgets, which I didn't even know about until this morning, you see the Tesla app (which you can put at the top) and if the car wakes up it will show you quick controls such as unlock.

But the big issue now is that verbal commands to Siri result in a request to open the app... from reading the forum it appears that verbal commands (unlock my car) used to actually perform the action requested, and that behavior has changed for some (or all) lately.

Flashgj

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Shortcut feature needs to be written into the apps and the Tesla app currently does not have any Shortcuts added. The Remote S app has a bunch of Shorcuts written into the app and allows you to do all kinds of things with your Tesla using Siri. There is even a bunch of Tesla Shortcuts posted on Reddit that you just have imported and use.

SR22pilot

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bumping this thread... I just enabled this function in the app settings (ios) and it says "You'll need to open Tesla to complete this request." and then prompts me to open the Tesla app. I have a iPhone X and ios 12. I also don't see any Siri shortcuts available to add for Tesla... this is very humbling....
I get the same thing.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also don't see any Siri shortcuts available to add for Tesla... this is very humbling....
When I go to shortcuts app, I don’t see Tesla show up. I see all the iOS functions. Is it suppose to show up there?
The Shortcut feature needs to be written into the apps and the Tesla app currently does not have any Shortcuts added. The Remote S app has a bunch of Shorcuts written into the app and allows you to do all kinds of things with your Tesla using Siri. There is even a bunch of Tesla Shortcuts posted on Reddit that you just have imported and use.
there's a thread for the Siri Shortcuts. You do not need Remote S, as the Shortcuts go directly to the Tesla API.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tp clarify, support is not built in to the Tesla app nor Shortcuts, you need to manually enter scripts into the shortcuts app, and the Siri Shortcuts thread links to the reddit posts where you can download those shortcuts.