1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Slacker login question

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by ejw, Apr 14, 2018.

1. ejw

ejw
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Anyone else having problems logging in to an existing slacker account?
    I created a free account yesterday. Tried logging in from the car today and it says the credentials aren't right.
    (They are, I checked them).

2. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    no answer on you being able to log in, but curious why you would make a free personal account to log in with, when the Tesla account provides access to more features.

3. ejw

ejw
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Interesting. I didn't look carefully, but assumed the personal account would carry my personalization across devices, etc.

4. Coeus

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    According to the owner's manual:

5. ejw

ejw
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Well. that's what I get for trying to configure before RTFM...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    @ejw - I just came across in the online manual when looking for something else...

Note: Tesla also provides you with a complimentary Streaming Personal Radio account for four years. To use your own Slacker Plus or Premium account instead, scroll to the bottom of the Streaming source, enter your credentials, touch Use High Bitrateto stream higher quality sound (if your Model 3 is equipped with the optional Ultra High Fidelity Sound package), and then touchLOGIN. To switch back to your Tesla account, simply touch USE TESLA ACCOUNT; you don't need to enter a user name or password for your Tesla account. You can purchase your own Slacker Plus or Premium account atwww.slacker.com. Model 3 does not support basic (free) Slacker services.
    so looks like you will only be able to login with a plus or premium Slacker account, not the free.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. William Frederick

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I had some trouble logging into Slacker in my M3 after creating a Premium account online as I kept getting a credentials not recognized error. I changed my password to a simpler one (I think I removed special characters), and then it worked. I am not actually sure if that fixed the problem or if I just needed to wait more than few hours for the new account to be available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. wooo13

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I don’t see the option for high bitrate when I log in, and I have a premium account. I marked high bitrate on my iPhone app so maybe that carried over?

9. NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Ever get this worked out?

So is the Free Tesla account high bit-rate quality or not? Seems to work as a direct tune Premium version so it's kinda confusing.....:confused:

Sounds great either way I guess.

What I got from this thread is that you can't use a Slacker basic account in the Model 3, but otherwise the Free Tesla Plus/Premium hybrid version is good for 4-years.

10. harrison987

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I just got this reply from Slacker:

Tesla provides the option to log into a persona so that, if you were using Slacker prior to owning a Tesla, you can have access to all your previous ratings and station settings without having to set up a new account.

Unfortunately, as mentioned, Tesla has chosen not to support Premium Radio, so the features of Premium Radio (on-demand playback of specific songs, artists and albums) are not support for use in a Tesla, regardless of whether you purchase a Premium subscription or not. (This is why Tesla blocks you from being able to upgrade the Slacker account provided with your Tesla.) Those features are only available when using the Slacker website or the Slacker mobile phone apps.

The only way to play music with Slacker in your Tesla is through radio stations, which will play music based on what you search for, but may not play exactly what you search for. Until Tesla choose to begin supporting Premium Radio, those feature will not be available to you.

We again apologize for any inconvenience this may cause

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    based on previous Model S owner comments, that is not entirely correct. Owners with the Premium Slacker account are able to use the premium features. They are maybe not able to upgrade the account Tesla provided, but they are able to login their own account and play established playlists (but believe they need to be set up on a browser outside the Tesla). Maybe something has changed recently, but I think we would have heard more existing owners with Premium accounts making a big deal out of the change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. harrison987

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    In some way it sounds like the $10/month is worth it...in other ways, not. it also appears one has to constantly log in and out in order to access their account?

13. littlD

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    And it seems like it sounds better when using a Slacker Premium account. Maybe it's the extra 5$ a month talking?

14. Bill Wolff

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    The Slacker site says Plus and Premium memberships both offer Maximum Audio Quality. Does this mean we can pay the $30 fee for one year of Plus and get the higher bit rate?

15. littlD

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    My bad, Plus is what I meant. It's what I'm using now and seems to sound better.

16. JWardell

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I think this is a client preference/must be supported by the client playing it. So in the Slacker app on the phone or in the browser, you can select higher bitrate. But I don't think it is an account-wide preference, and I don't think it would have any effect on the stream quality going to the car. I think Tesla would need to add GUI options for slacker to select a better bitrate. I don't put much faith in that happening.

17. Bill Wolff

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Yeah, I just contacted Slacker support and they say no benefit at all to buying an account from them.

Can we all just up-vote Spotify so we can have real playlists and personal favorites?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. littlD

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Well.. there's $5 a month I can save.

Thanks @Bill Wolff for checking!