Slacker login question

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

ejw

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone else having problems logging in to an existing slacker account?
I created a free account yesterday. Tried logging in from the car today and it says the credentials aren't right.
(They are, I checked them).

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone else having problems logging in to an existing slacker account?
I created a free account yesterday. Tried logging in from the car today and it says the credentials aren't right.
(They are, I checked them).
no answer on you being able to log in, but curious why you would make a free personal account to log in with, when the Tesla account provides access to more features.

ejw

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
no answer on you being able to log in, but curious why you would make a free personal account to log in with, when the Tesla account provides access to more features.
Interesting. I didn't look carefully, but assumed the personal account would carry my personalization across devices, etc.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@ejw - I just came across in the online manual when looking for something else...

Note: Tesla also provides you with a complimentary Streaming Personal Radio account for four years. To use your own Slacker Plus or Premium account instead, scroll to the bottom of the Streaming source, enter your credentials, touch Use High Bitrateto stream higher quality sound (if your Model 3 is equipped with the optional Ultra High Fidelity Sound package), and then touchLOGIN. To switch back to your Tesla account, simply touch USE TESLA ACCOUNT; you don't need to enter a user name or password for your Tesla account. You can purchase your own Slacker Plus or Premium account atwww.slacker.com. Model 3 does not support basic (free) Slacker services.
so looks like you will only be able to login with a plus or premium Slacker account, not the free.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had some trouble logging into Slacker in my M3 after creating a Premium account online as I kept getting a credentials not recognized error. I changed my password to a simpler one (I think I removed special characters), and then it worked. I am not actually sure if that fixed the problem or if I just needed to wait more than few hours for the new account to be available.

wooo13

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I don’t see the option for high bitrate when I log in, and I have a premium account. I marked high bitrate on my iPhone app so maybe that carried over?

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
All day I have not been able to access slacker in my car. It says error trying to log in and then gives me an option to log in with my account and there is a button to login with the Tesla account. The Tesla account doesn’t work. I have tried rebooting my car twice and no go.

Anyone else having this issue today? My teen is disgruntled not having internet tunes haha!

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All day I have not been able to access slacker in my car. It says error trying to log in and then gives me an option to log in with my account and there is a button to login with the Tesla account. The Tesla account doesn’t work. I have tried rebooting my car twice and no go.

Anyone else having this issue today? My teen is disgruntled not having internet tunes haha!
Slacker is/was down today (not Tesla).

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
The funny thing is I guess they forgot to renew their domain or had some issues with it. This is pretty common with companies that are smaller. What typically happens is they have some guy in the company that registers the domain and uses his corporate mail address. Then the guy leaves the company and they never update the domain account to point to somewhere meaningful. Then when the domain is up for renew the mail just bounces back and no one in the company has any idea it is going to lapse.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The funny thing is I guess they forgot to renew their domain or had some issues with it. This is pretty common with companies that are smaller. What typically happens is they have some guy in the company that registers the domain and uses his corporate mail address. Then the guy leaves the company and they never update the domain account to point to somewhere meaningful. Then when the domain is up for renew the mail just bounces back and no one in the company has any idea it is going to lapse.
Similar thing happened in my company as we consolidated and nationalized IT, but had some locations with domains we didn’t know about that only served as redirects. All it took was telling people to go to new URLs but that was easier until it wasn’t :)