Solar ROI

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

Mark C

Country
Country
While this seems like it meets the spirit of the law, be sure to check (preferably with a lawyer) that it meets the letter of the law.

Thank You kindly.
A fair disclaimer, to be sure. I would say that as long as I use a legally installed, code compliant transfer switch, it is no different than allowing me to use a Generac / Honda, etc generator while the power is down, except for utility revenue. That can be a huge EXCEPT.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Perfect use for a powerwall. Most people don't understand that if the grid goes down with a standard solar system you'll still be out of power. I've been reading that there is actually a company that is making micro-inverters that can actually supply power to the house with the grid down. But I still think a battery system is a great addition to a solar system.
I have solar on the house but no powerwall backup. Does anyone know if I can use the Tesla as my powerwall to feed the house during power outages?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes it’s possible but several powerwalls may be needed (depending on demand, size of loads, and time frame). Most people are using the Powerwall (and other battery options like LG Chem & Sonnen) to offset the expensive time of use rates designated by the various utility companies. You can also set up a generator with an automatic OR manual transfer switch to energize the circuits to the inverters. This will allow you to at least use what you’re producing while the sun is out.