1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Subaru to reportedly launch an all-electric crossover by 2021

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Aug 12, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Earlier this year, we reported on Subaru and its parent company Fuji unveiling a new car platform to support hybrid and all-electric powertrains for future models. The company confirmed that it will launch the first plug-in hybrids in 2018, but the Japanese automaker has yet to confirm when its first all-electric vehicle will come to market.

Now a new report coming from Japan suggests that Subaru will release its first all-electric, a crossover, by 2021. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    One of my coworkers is a big Subaru fan so went to read the original AutoNews story hoping to tell her about some future Subaru-EV being planned...

from the AutoNews article:
    "Subaru plans to launch an all-wheel-drive electric crossover in the U.S. by 2021 to meet more stringent emissions regulations, a Japanese newspaper reported."
    and:
    "Fuji Heavy spokesman Masato Saito said the company has not made any decisions about introducing an all-electric, all-wheel drive vehicle."

so my takeaway is the AutoNews line regarding a 'launch' is contrary to their quote from the company and at most Subaru is only considering a future EV and only going that far because forced to by regulators. 2021 was listed because of the regulations timeline, not of specific design plans on Subarus part.
    As with most of the electrik stories, they are mildly regurgitating other poorly written 2 paragraph stories and not even that well.

3. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    Overall, I think that electrek does a pretty good job with collecting news stories on these subjects. But I agree that this particular article was disappointing.

4. Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Maine
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Would be great news if true. Subaru has a lot of market share around me. As does Prius. I suspect many people would be glad to have the best of both.

Thank you kindly.