[Suggestion] Car needs to beeeep when locking doors but window/trunk open etc.

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Luckily it didn’t rain heavily into my car, but I suspect passenger didn’t slam door hard enough and window stayed down.

My Prius does a prolonged beeeeeeeeeeeep when trying to lock the doors with the engine on/door open or keys still inside. Tesla needs to beeeeeeeeeeep when windows down, doors not shut all the way or trunk(s) open and trying to lock doors.

App should show message when door lock Turin is pressed and a window is open.

This update will save lives, although it’s too late for the coworker that left my window open by not closing the door fully. RIP Jason L. may his memory be used as a lesson to other passengers.

Attachments

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Luckily it didn’t rain heavily into my car, but I suspect passenger didn’t slam door hard enough and window stayed down.
From your pic, it looks like the door is completely shut.

There have been reports of windows lowering on their own. You may want to check with the service center to see if this is what happened to you.

Passenger window goes down on its own

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I believe Brian on i1Tesla YouTube channel has this on one of his many "What If" videos (one of the most recent as of this post) where he shows that it beeps to notify when doors or trunk is open, but doesnt beep if frunk is open. This is based on my memory, so don't kill me if I got the specifics incorrect.

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is indeed a beep, however unfortunately it is inside the car, if a window is left down when it locks. You'll never hear it if you are a few feet away from the car. You can test it in a garage. This behavior was a few months back and it could have been changed, but did happen at one time.

I would agree though that the sound should be a different horn honk, two honks perhaps if it happens.

And on the other side of this coin, is Garsh's point above, it may not have been your coworker.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yea I can feel the sheet metal bend slightly when I press enough to close the drink. Withnyears of use I hope it doesn’t indent.

Ok will call service center:
- windows going down
- safety system error message
- steering wheel alignment and wheel alignment
- performance package installation schedule?
- track mode?
- stuck charge adapter
- won’t charge if adapter not removed and re-inserted 50% of the time with 3rd party charger
- free hat? ;)

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yea I can feel the sheet metal bend slightly when I press enough to close the drink. Withnyears of use I hope it doesn’t indent.

Ok will call service center:
- windows going down
- safety system error message
- steering wheel alignment and wheel alignment
- performance package installation schedule?
- track mode?
- stuck charge adapter
- won’t charge if adapter not removed and re-inserted 50% of the time with 3rd party charger
- free hat? ;)
No free hats - even Boring Company hats were $20 !!

Rick Steinwand

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

My Prius does a prolonged beeeeeeeeeeeep when trying to lock the doors with the engine on/door open or keys still inside. Tesla needs to beeeeeeeeeeep when windows down, doors not shut all the way or trunk(s) open and trying to lock doors.

App should show message when door lock Turin is pressed and a window is open.

This update will save lives, although it’s too late for the coworker that left my window open by not closing the door fully. RIP Jason L. may his memory be used as a lesson to other passengers.
Be careful what you wish for. Coming from a Volt, we had to put up with a loud triple honk if the driver left, but a passenger with a fob was still in the car. That was old on day one and quickly got worse. I would hope Elon can come up with a better fix, but I'm in no hurry.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Prius design for this is good. Beep only happens when trying to lock from exterior via remote/pinch of door handle. Interior lock didn’t. But totally understand, Prius came default with a backup beep within the cabin because... you might have forgotten that you were backing up. Luckily tech could disable in configuration.

Appointment in two weeks, sort of long wait glad no major issues. Will post update when available.