Summon not working?

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

byee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Been getting this for the last two days. Previously everything was working and I was able to pull the car in and out of my garage but now I get this error message and also noticed Homelink stopped working. Going to try and delete my Homelink settings and start over to see if that helps but wondered if anyone else experienced this.

Attachments

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If Homelink was working, you might just try the two button reboot before having to set up Homelink again. There have been reports of a reboot fixing a non working Homelink issue.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Summon will not work for me when my phone and car are connected to WiFi. If I disable WiFi on my phone summon will immediately work.

Derik

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Summon doesn't work for me either.. No matter what I do I can't get it to work. I look all over the app and there just isn't anything I can do.

But then again I'm still on 21.9

byee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If Homelink was working, you might just try the two button reboot before having to set up Homelink again. There have been reports of a reboot fixing a non working Homelink issue.
That fixed Homelink, thanks for the tip!

Trying to get Summon working again, tried disabling wifi on my phone but still no luck...

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got car back today after the drive unit died (!) and got replaced. While in shop got updated firmware, now on 26.3 be4b11e.... first time I had summon!

But it works for ****. Homelink at least. No matter what I do, when pulling *into* garage (nose first) it will work perfectly, parks itself and then closes door.

When doing the opposite, however, it doesn’t open the door, it just starts backing out and I have to manually stop to keep it from ramming the garage door....

Tried the 2 button reboot and taking both car and phone off WiFi, no luck...

Any ideas?

Jayviator

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Exactly how close are you letting it get to the garage?
I noticed that my 3 would get close, stop, then use homelink to open the door. continue out.
First thing you need to do - as the 3 is moving backwards, look at the screen and confirm if the sensors are detecting the door. Also your app should indicate that it is operating homelink.
Alternatively - you can grab a big cardboard box, open the garage door, and place the box a few feet behind the bumper. Activate summon and see how it reacts to the box. It should stop before hitting the box, and then activate the garage door. After a few seconds the car should continue out after you've move the box.
**Make sure you or the box is in the way of the garage safety beam so the door doesn't come down. You should just get the garage door light flashes that indicate the signal was received but something was blocking the path. THEN move the box completely so the car will continue out.