Summon settings - discussion

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

reallove

Country
Country
Now that "summon" is being rolled out, what are the recommendations for distance and clearance?
Why would one increase/reduce the distance? And what would best work in terms of clearance?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now that "summon" is being rolled out, what are the recommendations for distance and clearance?
Why would one increase/reduce the distance? And what would best work in terms of clearance?
This will all depend on personal preferences and situations. How tight is the space you want to park in and what is your comfort level with the car driving itself close to other objects. I have the distance set at the max of 40 feet and the clearance set at the minimum of 8 inches. I also have the side clearance set to "Tight". So, I guess you can say I trust the car as much as possible and watch it to make sure.

To increase/reduce the distance it's all controlled on the screen in settings, not from the app.

reallove

Country
Country
Would love to be able to control the "tightness" from the app, in case someone parks really close to you - closer than you've anticipated someone's jerkiness :)