Super Deep Sleep??

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've been out of town for a week and the car's been plugged in, sitting in my garage. I checked on it once a day using the app and I lose about 3 miles each day. I have the charge level set at 50% but left it with a higher state of charge than that so it has not needed to charged at all yet.

As of today, exactly one week since I left, the app will not wake up the car. I called the help line and they said they would try to wake it up but it didn't seem like it was any different than what I was doing. They told me I might not be able to wake up the car unless someone tries to open a door or do something physically with the car.

I'm on firmware 18.13. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue or knows a way to wake up the car?

I'm hoping that once the state of charge drops below 50% and the car has to charge that maybe it will help to wake it up.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay, after more than a day of attempts to wake the car up it just came back online. I don't know why it took so long but all is well now. Gotta love these 1st world problems!

ahagge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it parked in an area with strong/reliable cell service? Could it have "dropped off the network" for a period of time?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it parked in an area with strong/reliable cell service? Could it have "dropped off the network" for a period of time?
That's a great question and I should of mentioned it in the first post but it does have good coverage. It's back working now so I'm not sure what happened.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How much did the car lose after the deep sleep?
It did come back online and I was able to access all the functions before I got home. It seemed like the mileage still dropped around 2-3 miles a day so I really don't think it was sleeping any more than usual, just wasn't respond for whatever reason.

Dogwhistle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay, after more than a day of attempts to wake the car up it just came back online. I don't know why it took so long but all is well now. Gotta love these 1st world problems!
Seem to be having the same problem. The app says “updated yesterday”, and I just get the spinning wheel. Hope it comes back, so I don’t have to worry about something being wrong all week!

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seem to be having the same problem. The app says “updated yesterday”, and I just get the spinning wheel. Hope it comes back, so I don’t have to worry about something being wrong all week!
Mine did not respond for a day and a half, then came back online and worked just fine. Give it some room, maybe your car is taking a little "me time", after all, these things do have a mind of their own!

zoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same sw version, mine does the same thing every other day or so after leaving the vehicle for 30 minutes to an hour. When i get back to the vehicle in this state it comes back on with a no cell service icon for a moment then goes back to full bars.