Surf Racks

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dang....I need surfboard racks. I had them on my model S and the heck with the wind noise and mild range decrease. Yes I can put the seats down but then I cant take longer boards, dogs, friends etc.

C'mon all you California surfers with model 3's and Stanford educations...turn me on to a solution....without suction cups. I have read all the threads...possible, but to me invisible future attachments under rubber strips, rumors that they are working on a nebulous "something" with Yakima, Thule etc.

It just seems that the old attachments with a small pad on the top lateral edge with an overhanging padded claw grip that is big enough to wrap around the edge but small enough to avoid window catastrophes would work. Older surfers will know what I am talking about.

Anyone who states "you are trying to make the model 3 into something its not" is either right and it doesn't matter or a Hodad Gremmie who rollerblades.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in SoCal, been using the SeaSucker. Works fine, but I am kind of worried going on the freeway for a long time. But to be fair, I have had no issues at all with the SeaSucker so far.