1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Surprising security at tesla store and charging station on Sunday...the tesla police tried

Discussion in 'Charging and Infrastructure' started by JBsC6, Aug 5, 2017.

More threads by JBsC6
  1. JBsC6

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Northern NJ
    Country
    Surprisingly last Sunday I took my wife after brunch a movie last Sunday to the local tesla dealer to decide on the colors for the model 3 for her.

She wanted bright red for this little sports sedan but it's just a little dark...and the pearlized white seemed a little more appealing.,,

Anyways as we walked around looking at the various colors we came across very friendly people who owned teslas and were pulling in to charge the. On their journeys,,,,

The people we ran ran into couldn't gush more about how wonderful their teslas were. It was fun to hear their tesla love.

My wife got excited ..and then Some tesla police security guard drove over in his old Honda Accord and told us we had to leave....it was funny as she was checking out the various colors on the sunny Sunday afternoon...I yelled over and told her we had to leave as the tesla policeman was upset we were looking at the cars...when the dealership was closed.

I laughed as I understood he had a job to do and even though he was clearly out of his range....I wanted him to feel as though he did his job..

We hopped back into our Cadillac to go to a lovely Sunday dinner and then he was blocking the aisle for us to pass him...lol he couldn't figure out what to do....and eventually he pulled over so we could pass him...

I felt bad for him but I did feel good hearing tesla owners stopping off as they are traveling down the east coast to supercharge their vehicles...

I'll never travel long distance by car that I'll need to supercharge the vehicles...it's just easier to fly...if need be.

We have a handicapped 21 year old autistic adult child so we don't travel thousands or even hundreds of miles in a car long distance...but for those that do...the supercharger experience seems to be quite a lovely way to go...I'm just happy to have the nanny watch the kid so we could have a nice Sunday "date" ...that's our big adventure.. ;)

I've ran into people traveling many states serversl times during business hours and the owners really seem happy and the "fill up" detour doesn't seem to be an issue...the owners seem happy.

• Like Like x 6
    • JWardell

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Boston
      Country
      Thanks for sharing! I forget that Tesla owners get to have mini meet ups and chats while they supercharge. It will be awesome to get to join them soon. Maybe it's worth dropping in for a chat even if you're not actually traveling anywhere!

• Like Like x 1
      • Brokedoc

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        New York
        Country
        It truly is a community gathering during charging. You learn all the fun tricks about A/B channels for chargers and other tricks.

Just so you guys know in the future, superchargers are installed in pairs that share current. You will see that they're labeled usually 1a,1b,2a,2b,etc. The computer splits amperage between a and b channels when there are cars plugged in both spots. The computer usually allocates the most amperage to the vehicle that has the most depleted battery, not the first one to plug in. If there are multiple spots open, choose one that doesn't share a channel so that you each get the maximum amperage charge.

• Informative Informative x 3
        • ModFather

old CARmudgeon
          Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
          SoCal Inland Empire
          Country
          I live about 4 miles from an SC (14 spaces as I recall). You better believe that I will go over there just to hang out and swap stories!

• Like Like x 2