Sydney - first chance to meet Model 3

EVfusion

M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla invited Australian reservation holders to previews in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane of the Model 3. We visited the Sydney showroom - 3 hours by car and another hour by train and a further 3 hours queuing. But it was well worth it.
We agreed the car is visually quite stunning; elegant, sleek, understated. But for me the most impressive elements of the car are not seen; the radical design, the performance, capacity for nightly refuelling, safety, software driven functionality, over the air updates. The list just goes on and on.
The steering wheel was on the wrong side. Tesla say this will be 'corrected' when production changes are made in the second half of 2019. Also it was not Midnight Silver @Michael Russo (and I may now have problems convincing she-who-must-be-obeyed about any colour other than red) but I heard no-one complaining. The mood was very positive. As another reservationist said "Now we only have to wait another 15 months for delivery ..."
Apparently interest in the viewing far exceeded Tesla's expectations. We were warned of possible queues early in the day so arrived about 12:00 - still had a long long wait. P1010056.JPG P1010048.JPG