Take Your Mind Off Your Wait Today

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I mentioned the launch to my coworker/office neighbor last week and her reply was, "I've heard of SpaceX, but don't know what they do." I then explained they launch satellites for telecom/government customers (or roadsters) and re-supply the ISS, land the boosters for re-use, the scale of FH and the BFR, and eventually Mars. She looked at me like I was trying to trick her into believing a fantasy.

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I mentioned the launch to my coworker/office neighbor last week and her reply was, "I've heard of SpaceX, but don't know what they do." I then explained they launch satellites for telecom/government customers (or roadsters) and re-supply the ISS, land the boosters for re-use, the scale of FH and the BFR, and eventually Mars. She looked at me like I was trying to trick her into believing a fantasy.
Yeah, well I guess for the vast majority of people what SpaceX does is a fantasy. Show them one autonomous landing of a booster and they swear it must be fake. The level of ignorance with many is pretty astounding!

Dan

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, well I guess for the vast majority of people what SpaceX does is a fantasy. Show them one autonomous landing of a booster and they swear it must be fake. The level of ignorance with many is pretty astounding!

Dan
Indeed. I've seen people keep saying the landings are fake and it is astounding that they believe that. I guess it is the same line of thinking that believes the US moon landing is fake. I am looking forward to the launch today.

John

Tech Founder
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Flat Earthers are a widely misunderstood group.

People generally think they are a group that wants to expose the fact that the earth is really flat and show how smart they are.

In fact, their primary reason for being is that there are people who are Desperate for Attention. So trying to talk a Flat Earther out of it or insulting them has the exact opposite effect of what you'd intend. Once you appreciate that they WANT you to argue with them and engage, you'll understand the appeal to them.

It's also often the reason young children misbehave. Attention is attention.

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Flat Earthers are a widely misunderstood group.

People generally think they are a group that wants to expose the fact that the earth is really flat and show how smart they are.

In fact, their primary reason for being is that there are people who are Desperate for Attention. So trying to talk a Flat Earther out of it or insulting them has the exact opposite effect of what you'd intend. Once you appreciate that they WANT you to argue with them and engage, you'll understand the appeal to them.

It's also often the reason young children misbehave. Attention is attention.
Completely agree.

Dan

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I mentioned the launch to my coworker/office neighbor last week and her reply was, "I've heard of SpaceX, but don't know what they do." (...)
It could have been worse... she could have said: 'aren't these the new guys who opened up the largest storage warehouse in the entire Lower 48?!' :D
Or, as in the case of this real life anecdote which happened to my best friend when he was still working for ExxonMobil, attended a reception at the German embassy in Brussels (maybe 7-10 years ago)... People exchange on where they work, and this guy, hearing about my friend's employer, pulls out this old mid-eighties yuge portable phone (one of the first ever) out of his jacket pocket and asks my friend if he could get him one of our new cells... :p

Just killing time here as we wait for the launch; Elon just tweeted last updated time of 3:45 pm EST.