Taptes Wireless Charger

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am considering the Taptes Model 3 wireless charger, $49.9 if pre order now, don't plan to pay $99 or $129, also don't like the battery locked inside design, feels dangerous…

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks exactly like it! Wonder what the story is here
Yeah it does except for the external battery. I was tryin to be coy ;)
Maybe the Chinese manufacturer made a deal with someone else too and sold the plans :rolleyes:

FRC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't think I'll bite on this outfit. Sounds too good to be true and probably is. Read their site, they cannot even express themselves in English in their advertising. Be careful, feels scammish.

Unplugged

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe you should see what the Tesla S and X owners say about the wireless option from Taptes before you invest your money. I found this in the specs: "

• After testing the Model X 90D, it takes just eight minutes to fully charge your phone when it has only 1% power left.

As you can imagine, no charger, wireless or not, can meet this number. Color me skeptical.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe you should see what the Tesla S and X owners say about the wireless option from Taptes before you invest your money. I found this in the specs: "

• After testing the Model X 90D, it takes just eight minutes to fully charge your phone when it has only 1% power left.

As you can imagine, no charger, wireless or not, can meet this number. Color me skeptical.
Good point, Unplugged, I guess they mean get 1% more charging in 8 minutes?? Obviously nobody will believe get 99% in 8 minutes. They are in Hong Kong, not native speaker, but their English really needs to be improved, hope products better than their English.

bobjouy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi there, I don't know if everyone is gonna appreciate it but since I discovered it yesterday (and bought one), here is the same thing for $50 instead of $150 (130 currently) from Nomad.

https://www.taptes.com/products/wireless-phone-charger-pad-for-tesla-model-3

I don't have a Model 3 yet but when I receive it I'll be able to post pictures, measure it etc. to see if it will fit the same or not.
IMO, it comes from the same factory and it is the same internals, but I might be wrong and Nomad could totally justify the $80-$100 price difference.

ltphoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered the same one from Taptes a couple of weeks ago. Probably won't be here for another 3 weeks since it was only supposed to be available for shipping around 11/15. Then a long time to get here from Hong Kong. Anxious to see if it really is a Nomad clone.

jefdjan

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi there, I don't know if everyone is gonna appreciate it but since I discovered it yesterday (and bought one), here is the same thing for $50 instead of $150 (130 currently) from Nomad.

https://www.taptes.com/products/wireless-phone-charger-pad-for-tesla-model-3

I don't have a Model 3 yet but when I receive it I'll be able to post pictures, measure it etc. to see if it will fit the same or not.
IMO, it comes from the same factory and it is the same internals, but I might be wrong and Nomad could totally justify the $80-$100 price difference.
I ordered the same one from Taptes a couple of weeks ago. Probably won't be here for another 3 weeks since it was only supposed to be available for shipping around 11/15. Then a long time to get here from Hong Kong. Anxious to see if it really is a Nomad clone.
Cannot wait to see your comments about the Taptes charger... really hope it is comparable with the nomad one.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am also on the fence but considering it. Refuse to pay so much for the other brands. I have a bunch of cheap (<$25) wireless chargers at home and work and they are great. Most of the time I dock my phone up by the screen for Waze though.

ltphoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Received an email from Taptes about my order last night. They can ship now, or offered to let me wait until November 30 for a generation 2 product that is more anti-slip. Same electronics, just a difference in the surface material. I opted to wait for generation 2, so won't have it until about mid-December. I'll certainly let everyone know what it's like when I get it.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure if anyone has done this yet, so I went ahead and reported this product to Nomad. I hope they have their product protected since this is a blatant rip off.