1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Tesla’s car data network is down in the US, it’s a ‘top priority’ and ‘currently being fixed’

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Aug 15, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

If you have a problem accessing data in your Model S or X or connecting to your vehicle via Tesla’s app today, it’s because Tesla is experiencing problems with its network, which is down or spotty across the US today. We are told that the issue has been made a “top priority’ at Tesla and that it is “currently being fixed”. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    In the comments section on Electrek, many people are reportedly working around the issue by tethering the car to their phones.

Here I am, stuck with a Nissan Leaf whose only connection to the outside world is a 2G network that is in the process of being decommissioned. I'll be stuck with no way to contact my car when it's shut off completely in December 2016. Nissan will supposedly have a 3G upgrade available by then (just in time for it too to become obsolete), but we'll have to pay some as-yet undisclosed amount and visit a dealership to have that upgrade performed.

I'm kind of amazed that Tesla even provides the ability to tether the car. I have plenty of old phones sitting around the house. If I could simply tether my Nissan to one of them, my problems would be solved.

• Like Like x 1
    • KirbyTurbo

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Denver, CO
      I think all Tesla's come with WiFi, so "tethering" is simple idea and great redundancy if your mobile phone plan allows it. If not then you'll need to find a hot spot.