Tesla 20 inch wheels for Model 3

Discussion in 'Customizing & Modifications' started by AugustaDriver, May 12, 2018.

1. AugustaDriver

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Just doing some shopping at the Tesla store and noticed there are 20 inch versions of the 19 inch wheels. Is this part of the dual motor package starting next week, or have they been there all along? Screenshot_20180512-094712.png

2. Brokedoc

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    Been there for a few months. Likely standard on the P.

3. Ken Voss

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I think you mean to say 20 inch version of the sport wheels since it is pretty much impossible to have 20 inch version of a 19" wheel. These have been on Tesla's web site for months

4. Artdept

M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    No
    Country
    Configured a few weeks ago and am waiting for a delivery date. I really like the look of 20 in wheel and am considering getting some. I am wondering if anyone here has ordered and installed the official Tesla set or EVT from wheels direct and could share pictures of side and back views.

From all the M3s ( 18 & 19 wheels) i have seen on the freeway, the back view is not that impressive, From a purely aesthetic sense, It seems like the back tires should be wider to fill in some gaps. will this be the same if I install 20in wheels?

I live in the bay area close to the fremont facility and am wondering what options are available 20 in wheels and tires. I Like the look of the Tesla sport wheels as well as the EVT wheels from wheels direct.
    Does anyone have any opinions either or and other options local or delivery, I don't have the know how to change wheels myself, so local recommendations would help.

I am the novice and would appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction of getting some 20in wheels on my m3 when it comes in.

thanks in advance.