Tesla Employees could have early access to Model 3 orders

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

mkg3

Country
Country
Are there any Tesla employee TM3 owners on this forum that can provide any insights?

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's true that orders have opened up to employees & family. Each employee has the option for 2 reservations, and last I heard only one reservation can be used now for the fall production models. My order originally had a Oct-Dec delivery date, but now it's in 1-2 weeks, so I suspect not many employees are opting to spend the extra $ on the configuration currently available.

mkg3

Country
Country
Clearly, no one expects that, Trev.

Just that if either one of them or other Tesla employees that use their private email for the forum (which I would do if I was just an employee) happen to own a model 3, so many of the speculated Q&A would be answered.

As for the two that actually uses Tesla domain, they probably are doing so to monitor the gossip herein.

Since you are this forum, if would be great if you haven't already tried, is to have an official "Ask Tesla" section with a strict rules of engagement and FAQ so that we don't overwhelm them. They can choose to answer what they want and non-response must be taken as cannot disclose info - so that people don't think they are being blown off.

Just a thought....

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My boss' nephew works for Tesla, so my boss has early access. He configured and ordered his Model 3 on August 19 with a Sept-Nov delivery estimate.

I'll have pics and details as soon as he gets it.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My boss' nephew works for Tesla, so my boss has early access. He configured and ordered his Model 3 on August 19 with a Sept-Nov delivery estimate.

I'll have pics and details as soon as he gets it.
I ordered on July 31st and originally had an Oct - Dec delivery window. That got bumped up to mid Sept last week.

mkg3

Country
Country
I ordered on July 31st and originally had an Oct - Dec delivery window. That got bumped up to mid Sept last week.
Do you suppose that there are more people/employees that's foregoing the 1st production for either awd or standard range so that the 1st production config slots open up, as you've suggested initially?

Or, which is what I'm hoping for, that the production is going better than expected and the they are able to produce more units compared to the original estimate?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Do you suppose that there are more people/employees that's foregoing the 1st production for either awd or standard range so that the 1st production config slots open up, as you've suggested initially?

Or, which is what I'm hoping for, that the production is going better than expected and the they are able to produce more units compared to the original estimate?
Probably more a than b in view if the premised # of employee reservations... though I'm optimistic they are at least on track and possibly a little ahead... :)

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Good questions, but it's mostly just speculation at this point. I do suspect the former to be at least part of the equation (more than just a hunch). My VIN is in the mid 200's, but I'm not sure that really means anything with an exponential ramp-up curve.

Dogwhistle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good questions, but it's mostly just speculation at this point. I do suspect the former to be at least part of the equation (more than just a hunch). My VIN is in the mid 200's, but I'm not sure that really means anything with an exponential ramp-up curve.
Wow, sounds like you'll be taking delivery very soon! Any restrictions you know of that would prevent you from sharing some "walk through" info/pics/video with us once you get it? The Model 3 fan world is dying for more first-hand info!!

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, sounds like you'll be taking delivery very soon! Any restrictions you know of that would prevent you from sharing some "walk through" info/pics/video with us once you get it? The Model 3 fan world is dying for more first-hand info!!
Yes, I'm super excited! The showroom asked me if it would be okay for the local Tesla club to do a feature on it, so I can't imagine there are any restrictions. I plan to share with the group as soon as I have my hands on it! :)