Tesla Owners Will be Able to Request Software Update

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For anyone out there wondering, "Why, oh why am I not running the latest firmware?! I reallyreallyreally want those EAP updates / new maps / moar bacon / software-locked HUD!!!"

Well, straight from the horse's mouth...

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I won't be able to help myself and wait for "wide release" :)

Jason Bourne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would love to see how Tesla implements this, but I have my doubts. If we all use the 'request' mechanism, then a queue of cars to send the software to develops and we're in the same position we're in now.

Guy Weathersby

I would love to see how Tesla implements this, but I have my doubts. If we all use the 'request' mechanism, then a queue of cars to send the software to develops and we're in the same position we're in now.
Actually I suspect that the vast majority of owners are not concerned with getting the latest update. So the ones who do care will probably get their updates more quickly.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Actually I suspect that the vast majority of owners are not concerned with getting the latest update. So the ones who do care will probably get their updates more quickly.
I agree -- no different than Apple pushing out the latest iOS release and my mom being 5 versions back ;)