Tesla Semi in Denver!

Discussion in 'Tesla Discussions' started by pyrotech6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. pyrotech6

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I was at the Denver service center today and hit the jackpot. The Tesla semi was parked behind the service building. I was snapping a bunch of pics and someone came out and told me I wasn’t allowed to take or post pictures. I kind of giggled and told him they should cover it up or hide it inside if they didn’t want me taking pictures. He proceeded to stand in front of me. LOL. I just don’t get it. The level of secrecy this company tries to achieve is just ridiculous. I asked someone else in the delivery center when the semi showed up and they said “I’m not permitted to comment on that”. LOL. a bit later, I made a comment about how busy they were in the delivery center. I asked how many cars are you delivering today. The comment I got... “we’re not allowed to comment on delivery numbers.” Really??? This is just getting stupid. Anyway, enjoy the pics. If you live in Denver, you should drive by and check it out.

PS...notice the black duct tape holding the passenger door in place!

B30A67BB-F748-40F9-B170-D648B1F4EBD9.jpeg 3A2B22A8-30FE-499A-88E4-4274DEEFABDC.jpeg 2C8729F1-E6CA-4148-928C-B70E4C23DE75.jpeg 5C81AAAA-D6C3-4397-999A-4D2A56D53CF2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. garsh

Dis Member
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    This is a prototype. They don't want rumors getting passed around based on a few photographs being posted on the internet.
    Case in point: that tape isn't keeping the door shut. This is the type of rumor that they're hoping to avoid. :)

They've taped over the seems. My guess is that they're seeing how much it helps reduce aerodynamic drag. But it could also be to reduce wind noise. And yes, my guesses are *also* the types of rumors that they're hoping to avoid. ;)

This is a prototype - they're going to modify and test a lot of things about it. We saw Tesla do similar things with Model 3 Alpha cars before production began.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Meanwhile popular YouTuber Erik Strait shared it on his Twitter and Instagram, so the world has seen it whether they want it shown or not :)

4. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I think the difference is snapping a pix of it in the background, vs right up in the window taking photos.
    (and off topic... side-by-side, Instagram does such a better job on their image compression! Erik just pops out in that post vs looking flat in the twitter post...)

• Agree Agree x 1
Model 3 Owners Club © 2018. All rights reserved.
Model 3 Owners Club (M3OC) is an enthusiast club and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or the Tesla Motors Club Forum (TMC).
All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.