1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Tesla vehicles are being tested in a 80-day race around the world

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jun 20, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

The 80edays 2016, also known as the ELDURO, is an endurance race around the world with only all-electric vehicles – mainly Tesla Roadsters and Model S sedans. 14 international teams will rally across 25,000 km, 20 countries, and 3 continents to finish in Barcelona in 80 days or less.

Along the way, the teams will attend “over 40 events are organized to raise awareness about EV technology.” more…

Filed under: Cars, Tesla Tagged: 80edays, ELDURO, race around the world, Tesla, Tesla Model S [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Blackout

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, ON
    Country
    I would love to take some days off work and go do something like that with a group of people...

3. AEDennis

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Southern California, Most of the time...
    Country
    I was at the presentation from Rafael de Mestre last summer at TMC Connect 2015 when he was recruiting for this drive. It's going to be a tough drive across the world, even with Model S. Since supercharging is not standard from continent to continent, parts of the team will be able to charge easily or difficultly depending on version of vehicle they have...

I'm keeping an eye on these guys on Twitter.