Tesla victim of its own success in Denmark: 2 to 3 months wait for service, some owners are...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot

Tesla is the victim of its own success in Denmark. After the European country announced the phasing out of its tax break for electric vehicles by the end of 2015, Tesla’s sales surged to an all-time high in the country. The automaker delivered almost as many cars in the last 3 months of 2015 as it did since the introduction of the Model S in 2013.

Buyers rushed to purchase a new Tesla and have it delivered by the end of the year in order to profit from the tax break, but predictably, Tesla’s sales in Denmark virtually vanished in 2016. Now Tesla is having difficulty keeping up with servicing all those vehicles with its limited service presence in the country. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized

Continue reading...

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Service wait times are becoming a huge problem for Tesla. Not just in Denmark. Toronto has 2 service centres and they're both booked solid for at least a month wait time. If they do indeed drop an extra 373K cars onto the roads with Model 3 in the next 2.5 years they need to be more prepared for service issues. I think Tesla will end up having to quadruple their service plans from what was announced just to keep up with new designs coming shortly thereafter.

We all like that Tesla doesn't have a franchise system for selling the cars but there is a benefit as far as servicing is concerned in the franchise system.

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I was told that there is a service guy on call in Ottawa, I think that's going to be a problem going forward as we get new Teslas here and in the region.