Tesla will add new section (5th) to the Gigafactory by December, Battery cell manufacturing ...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot

For the most part, Tesla’s Gigafactory has looked the same from the outside since the beginning of the year. The first phase consists of 4 sections of about 475,000 square feet for a total of 1.9 million square feet. The final version, which should be completed by the end of the decade, is expected to have 13 million square feet of manufacturing and work space. It should be enough to become the biggest building on earth by footprint.

Now we learn that Tesla is planning to add a new section to the plant with an estimated completion date by the end of the year, according a building permit recently issued to Tesla. more…

Filed under: Batteries, Cars, Tesla Tagged: battery, battery cell, Battery pack, Gigafactory, gigafactory section, Panasonic, Tesla, Tesla gigafactory

Continue reading...

How are raw materials and finished goods transported to/from Gigafactory 1? Is it all road freight only or is there a plan to add rail to the mix at some stage? Looking at google maps I don't see rail, and the roads between there and (interstate/highway?) 80 don't appear sizeable. Yet, at least.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How are raw materials and finished goods transported to/from Gigafactory 1? Is it all road freight only or is there a plan to add rail to the mix at some stage? Looking at google maps I don't see rail, and the roads between there and (interstate/highway?) 80 don't appear sizeable. Yet, at least.
rail runs along I-80 and believe the plan is to use trains to ship to Fremont