Tesla's check bounced

Discussion in 'Tesla Experiences' started by josephwit, May 5, 2018.

1. josephwit

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    We took delivery of "his and hers" Model 3s a month ago - black and white - love them to death!
    A few days ago, I received a check from Tesla in the mail for $86, representing refund of excess DMV fees. I deposited the check, and was amazed this morning to see that the check had been returned, and I had been charged a $12 returned item fee by my bank. Seriously?? And this was not the first peripheral issue I've had with the company. I ordered two USB-lightening cables on Tesla's website to replace the Android charging cables that come with the cars - our family doesn't do Android. My card got charged for two, the packing slip said two, but there was only one in the undamaged envelope. Immediate email to onlineorders@tesla.com has gone unanswered for a week.
    Today, Customer Service was very pleasant, and assured me that both issues were being escalated and would be fixed. The rep had heard of "one other case" where a customer refund check had bounced.
    I have faith that these things will be made right - just interesting to see the extent to which Tesla appears to be flying by the seat of its pants to get things rolling. Any similar experiences?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. jsanford

Eloise the 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Likely an error in funding that account—I wouldn’t read more than that. Disappointing, though.

3. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Sorry probably my fault having deposited a $390 DMV refund a few days earlier ;)

As for the online shop, I can attest the support for it and it’s challenges is not up to par yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. KarenRei

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Country
    No no no.... it's sign of BANKWUPTCY! Bankwuptcy, I tell you! ;)

• Funny Funny x 11
  5. M3OC Rules

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I asked a store sales guy if I could return a wall connector if my condo association rejected my installation. He said yes. Then he said you should wait until you see if it gets approved before buying it. Since this was why I was asking, I pressed him on why he said that. He said they use a third party to process the returns and it is not a smooth process. So I guess they are aware they have issues.

• Informative Informative x 3