1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

The Autosteer Warning Light?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Charlie W, Jun 9, 2017.

More threads by Charlie W
  1. Charlie W

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Lewes, DE
    Country
    I noticed in the (online PDF) Model S manual where it says, “When active, Autosteer requires you to hold the steering wheel. If it does not detect your hands on the steering wheel for a period of time, a flashing white light appears around the instrument panel and the following message is displayed on the instrument panel: Hold Steering Wheel.” (Page 74.) (Bjørn Nyland demonstrates this in his “Tesla Model X v.8.0 autopilot long test” at about the :20 minute mark.) Since it looks like our Model 3’s will only have 1 center screen, (no binnacle or HUD—I'm trying to be sensitive to those who live in hope ;)) and assuming the Autosteer feature is available, how or where (or in what form) do you think the “Hold Steering Wheel” warning will appear? Do you think there will be a “flashing something”? I'm curious as to what you think. What say ye?

• Like Like x 1
    • SoFlaModel3

Impatiently Waiting
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Coral Springs, FL
      Country
      I think it will be a combination of an audible alert and a message on the center screen in the same location where autopilot information will be (presumably near the speedo).

• Agree Agree x 3