The Divers Paradise...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also for your viewing pleasure

That's awesome, Luxman. Love the wall diving in GC. Looks like you have the same fins as I do too. What are you using to film that video and how deep were you?

P.S. I have a vintage (1981) Luxman received running my Clear Audio turntable.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's awesome, Luxman. Love the wall diving in GC. Looks like you have the same fins as I do too. What are you using to film that video and how deep were you?

I actually use a GoPro Hero 4 Silver in a Dive housing with a Red Polar Filter. I have it on a Sea Life tray with a single 2000 lumin Sea Dragon light. It actually takes quite nice photos and videos. You can see many of my other dive videos on that channel......you will see we have a thing for wreck diving

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also for your viewing pleasure

Okay, I know it's the "official invite" thread but just say that video is amazing and terrifying at the same time. Just need some scary music and an eel popping out of one of those holes, or a great white coming in from the other direction!

Now back to your regular program.....

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Missed that depth question. We entered at 80 feet I popped out at 91 feet. As you see, the wife and son were a bit lower upon exit

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay, I know it's the "official invite" thread but just say that video is amazing and terrifying at the same time. Just need some scary music and an eel popping out of one of those holes, or a great white coming in from the other direction!

Now back to your regular program.....
Since the Mods moved the tread (that’s OK), I thought I would post one more video. Did this yesterday. It was a deep swim thru. Popped out at 109 ft. There was a barracuda that was there just after I turned the video off

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I actually use a GoPro Hero 4 Silver in a Dive housing with a Red Polar Filter. I have it on a Sea Life tray with a single 2000 lumin Sea Dragon light. It actually takes quite nice photos and videos. You can see many of my other dive videos on that channel......you will see we have a thing for wreck diving
Where do you stay in GC? What dive company do you use? When do you think is the best time of year to visit/dive?

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Where do you stay in GC? What dive company do you use? When do you think is the best time of year to visit/dive?
This is our 2nd trip to GC. We are staying at the COMPASS POINT DIVE RESORT on the East End again. It is quiet over here. Even on Spring Break it isn’t crazy like the West End that gets lots of Cruisers. But there isn’t allot to do other than dive. You have to drive to the West end for some things to do.
We like the quiet. And the Condos have Kitchens and we end up eating just about everything in the room, But they have a small restaurant here and Breakfast is included.
Ocean Froniters is the name of the operator of the diving but they are really one and the same.
Currently the water is 79 degrees. So it can be chilly after awhile. So we wear full 3 mil suits and also warm shirts.
We last came the first week of June and the water was toasty. You wouldn’t even need a suit then. That being said, that time of year it is starting to get hot, so mid summer I hear is oppressive out of the water.
https://compasspointdiveresort.com/

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since the Mods moved the tread (that’s OK), I thought I would post one more video. Did this yesterday. It was a deep swim thru. Popped out at 109 ft. There was a barracuda that was there just after I turned the video off

What a cool video, thanks for posting! I haven't been diving since I got certified back in 1992 but seeing video like that makes me want to go again. With that camera you have it makes you feel like your right there, amazing quality footage.

John

Tech Founder
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't use up all of the diving; we're taking the whole family in June, and finally getting our three kids certified. We've been to GC three times (both east and west ends). Probably my favorite dive spot, just a very easy place for dependably good diving (not so remote it's a pain like some other places). Good variety of geography and flora and fauna. Hope you had a great time!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
image.jpg
Don't use up all of the diving; we're taking the whole family in June, and finally getting our three kids certified. We've been to GC three times (both east and west ends). Probably my favorite dive spot, just a very easy place for dependably good diving (not so remote it's a pain like some other places). Good variety of geography and flora and fauna. Hope you had a great time!
It’s been great diving this week. Water temp has been 78-79°F. Little chilly on second dive but not too bad. The sealife has been awesome but no Black Tips this time. Last time we saw them on every dive. Chillin this afternoon with this view

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is great that you get them certified. I feel fortunate to be able to do this myself and get my son certified. Such an adventure that I did not get as a kid. He is now Advanced Open Certifid and this is his 4th trip (he is 16 today and that will cost me even more:eek:

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
FYI: if you like diving through cracks, you could take it a step further and dive in freshwater through the Mid-Atlantic Ridge ;)

Silfra, Iceland :) Note that it's drysuit diving, not wetsuit. It's where the ridge at Þingvellir (the old Parliament site back in the Viking days) goes underwater next to the lake Þingvallavatn: