The Forum wants me to buy Trevor's cars...

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok, I guess @TrevP had a Lincoln MKX, but still.

So... are they still selling 2016-year vehicles as *new*, or was South Hills Lincoln just too lazy to ever update their ad?

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
LOL. I'm sure that's just the sort of thing people at this forum are likely to buy: a 2016 Lincoln Navigator ;)

Not only does the ad need to be updated, but someone needs to work on their ad-selection algorithm. Ads here should be accessory providers, detailing shops (wraps, coatings, etc), tire manufacturers (sporty tires, eco tires), and so on. Maybe even phone ads, for people whose phones have an old bluetooth that doesn't work well with the Model 3, lol ;) If they're going to advertise cars, it should at least be other EVs...

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like the thought that a Lincoln dealer is helping to subsidize a Tesla Forum for us. :D

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Ok, I guess @TrevP had a Lincoln MKX, but still.

So... are they still selling 2016-year vehicles as *new*, or was South Hills Lincoln just too lazy to ever update their ad?

Stay away from the Lincolns... just sayin' ;)

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Haha, they were always great with car commercials ;) Even in the old days:

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Eventually Lincolns will be EVs too. If Ford doesn't go bankrupt on ICE first.

Most road vehicles will be EVs eventually. EV operating costs are about 1/3 ICE, and as battery costs fall EVs cost less to build eventually.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1. why would you ever expect ethical behavior from a car dealership?
2. why would this be of interest to tesla owners?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1. why would you ever expect ethical behavior from a car dealership?
2. why would this be of interest to tesla owners?
I'm not sure which post you're replying to. But, as for point #2, I made sure to post this topic in the "Off Topic" forum.

I just found it funny that the forum happened to show two advertisements for the car Trevor had just bought, and the one he had just traded in, both of which were also white.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not sure which post you're replying to. But, as for point #2, I made sure to post this topic in the "Off Topic" forum.

I just found it funny that the forum happened to show two advertisements for the car Trevor had just bought, and the one he had just traded in, both of which were also white.
it's surprising that someone as connected to the forum as you are doesn't understand how the ads on the forum are generated. sadly for the ones who purchased the exposure advertising an ICE on forum like this is a complete waste of their resources

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Being someone that also has run forums in the past (and present -- but a new one)....I know how much work it is to do these types of things, especially with this platform (which I also run) from v1x to v2.x. Great job.

it's surprising that someone as connected to the forum as you are doesn't understand how the ads on the forum are generated. sadly for the ones who purchased the exposure advertising an ICE on forum like this is a complete waste of their resources
Keywords my friends, it's all about the content and keywords.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
it's surprising that someone as connected to the forum as you are doesn't understand how the ads on the forum are generated.
And... what gave you the impression that I don't understand "how the ads on the forum are generated"?

JeffC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And... what gave you the impression that I don't understand "how the ads on the forum are generated"?
Context and tone are often missing in text online, so it's easy for people to (hopefully innocently) draw incorrect conclusions based on false assumptions. It's sort of a flaw in the medium more than maliciousness, usually.

Last edited: