garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Umm.. How is that not political?
@Fishn4life is sharing his vanity plate. He didn't start arguing for any particular political position. He didn't make any judgments towards anybody else's political position. He didn't demean anybody. It's acceptable.

What we don't want is for this forum to start repressing unpopular political viewpoints. And rather than allowing discussion of all points, we've decided that we're just going to not allow political discussions. And yes, it's very much a judgement call - we definitely want to allow discussion of laws and bills that affect EV owners, for example. In order for Tesla to be successful, Tesla vehicles need to appeal to all sorts of people, including those with whom you might disagree. We're dedicating this site to supporting *all* Tesla Model 3 owners. There are plenty of other forums on the internet where politics can be discussed.

Last edited:

FRC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Fishn4life is sharing his vanity plate. He didn't start arguing for any particular political position. He didn't make any judgments towards anybody else's political position. He didn't demean anybody. It's acceptable.

What we don't want is for this forum to start repressing unpopular political viewpoints. And rather than allowing discussion of all points, we've decided that we're just going to not allow political discussions. And yes, it's very much a judgement call - we definitely want to allow discussion of laws and bills that affect EV owners, for example. In order for Tesla to be successful, they're going to have to appeal to all sorts of people, including those with whom you might disagree. We're dedicating this site to supporting *all* Tesla Model 3 owners. There are plenty of other forums on the internet where politics can be discussed.
Well that should pretty much open this up to be a -nothing but political statement license plate- thread from now on!

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well that should pretty much open this up to be a -nothing but political statement license plate- thread from now on!
Again, it's a judgment call on us moderators. If people end up posting a bunch of politically-messaged license plates, we'll shut it down.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hopefully we haven't grown so far apart in views (left to right or right to left, your preference) that an image of a vanity plate sets us off.

kort677

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
if political discussions are permitted the discussions here will veer away from the mission of the forum. at that big tesla forum some political discussion is allowed and if you conform to the mods biases they allow posts of all sorts. deviate from their prejudicial views and you ignite flame wars and the mods will tolerate only the comments that fit their views. DO NOT ALLOW THAT to happen here by limiting any sort of political discussions.

JasonF

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would prefer if there were no political discussions here. I know there are those who believe politics is a part of life, and I'm sticking my head in the sand by avoiding it, but I like the sand. It's warm, quiet, and friendly.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would prefer if there were no political discussions here. I know there are those who believe politics is a part of life, and I'm sticking my head in the sand by avoiding it, but I like the sand. It's warm, quiet, and friendly.
They are not permitted, so you are safe with your sand here :)

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They are not permitted, so you are safe with your sand here :)
Unless, of course, Anakin Skywalker is a member of this forum!

(I just really let my inner nerd shine just now)

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country