1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

This black chrome Tesla Model X is the epitome of style [Gallery]

Discussion in 'Tesla News from EVANNEX Blog' started by EVANNEX, Jan 5, 2018.

By EVANNEX on Jan 5, 2018 at 11:03 AM

M3OC Sponsor Vendor M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Feb 22, 2017
    City & State/Province:
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Quentin Tommie is a lifestyle blogger, style enthusiast, and Tesla owner. His latest effort is called Journey Homme. According to Tommie, "It's an online chronicle of travel experiences as well as a visual archive of artistic works that takes a deeper look into design aesthetics and the influence of men’s style."

Source: Journey Homme

Summing up Journey Homme, Tommie notes: "Our purpose is to be inspired by the world and inspire others through our journey." The world of high design has treated Tommie well — at the age of 27, he just took delivery of a new Tesla Model X 100D. He explains, "I’m moved by innovation and design which is what attracted me to the Model X."

Journey Homme's tribute to the Model X features a flashy photo shoot in front of the Frost Science Museum in Miami. Tommie discusses Model X's design ethos: "Innovation and design meet in the all electric Tesla SUV... the design of the interior is very sophisticated with a minimalist layout. Getting into the Model X feels like stepping into a space ship."

To make his Tesla even more distinctive, Tommie decided to add some stylish modifications to his Model X. He explains, "My Tesla Model X is covered in a black chrome vinyl wrap with a chrome delete... [along with] 22” Onyx black Tesla factory rims. The interior is all black with dark ash wood décor. The Model X is high design because it combines innovation with sophistication making it a car that is smart, safe and stunning."

Why did he decide to wrap his Tesla in such a unique color? Tommie explains, "The black chrome wrap enhances the aesthetic of the car giving it an even more futuristic look that stands out yet is subtle enough to remain refined and tasteful."

Note: Article originally published on evannex.com, by Matt Pressman

Discussion in 'Tesla News from EVANNEX Blog' started by EVANNEX, Jan 5, 2018.

1. John
      Interesting to consider the irony that Tommie set out to make his X "more distinctive" by effectively hiding many of the contrasting visual elements that Franz included in the design. The result is a car that seems to eat the light rather than take advantage of purposeful style elements that actually cost extra for Tesla to manufacture. (Black is the cheapest color to produce and match.) You can clearly see the outline of the car, but it's tough to make out details within that shape.

Consider too that Tommie's X is only "distinctive" if you are familiar with the Tesla Model X. Otherwise, by blacking everything out he is actually blurring the difference between it and the murdered out Nissan Rogues and Mazda CX-5s that one sees these days.
    2. Topher
      Not sure how I could confuse 'black chrome' with 'murdered out'.

Thank you kindly
    3. John
      By looking?
    4. Topher
      I tried that with the pictures above and failed miserably. They look vastly different, and the lines are more pronounced than ANY of the colors Tesla offers. Exactly as one would expect when increasing the specular highlights with a chrome finish.

Thank you kindly.