Three days in Laughlin

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As my work forbid vacation until after a major event, i was itching to get the Red Rocket on the road once that was over. So now we're in Laughlin, NV!

After getting the tires rotated and affixing my new vanity plate, we left Sunday morning. It was interesting watching the Wh/mile climb to the 800s as we ascended Cajon pass. Got a supercharge in Barstow while we ate at Denny's, then another at Needles just so i could have some fun the last 30 to Laughlin.

We're staying at the Colorado Belle where they have two destination chargers. One was being used by a Bolt, the other was (partially) ICEed by a brand new Volt who seemed to think it was preferred parking or something, cause it wasn't plugged in. Car had two nasty notes on it, and i told registration about it. Fortunately the Edgewater's was open and i got it charged to 90%.

Today we're going to explore some of Route 66 and find a place for the kids to go swimming.

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This trip has been pretty cool. We've noticed people checking out the car, and at the hotel two guys asked us a bunch of questions about it. Always great to spread the word about how EVs and Teslas work in the real world.

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We're back home. One more pic though:

IMG_20181112_123647.jpg

Spent a total of about $28 at Superchargers. If we'd driven our F-150 we'd have spent $70-$80 in gas. And each time we charged the car it was ready to go before we were. There is no issue in taking a Tesla on a road trip.