Timer wrong

Michel Zehnder

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The Model 3 Delivery event timer is wrong. It seems to count to 7PM local-time instead of PST.
(Here in Switzerland it says the event will take place Friday, 28th, 7pm (we are UTC+2), it should be Sat, 29th, 4am here)

Cheers
Michel

Michel Zehnder

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@TrevP You might want to change to UTC time by setting utc:1 and adjust the date/time properly to UTC time. That might work:
Code:
countDown({targetDate:{'day':28,'month':7,'year':2017,'hour':19,'min':0,'sec':0,'utc':0}})
should get to this:
Code:
countDown({targetDate:{'day':29,'month':7,'year':2017,'hour':02,'min':0,'sec':0,'utc':1}})

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like the calculation believes the event is at 7pm in the local user's timezone instead of PDT.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I need some help figuring this out a bit. I just enabled the timer to Sync with UTC. I have the time set to 19:00 on the 28th. Is that correct? How much +_ do I need to adjust?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I need some help figuring this out a bit. I just enabled the timer to Sync with UTC. I have the time set to 19:00 on the 28th. Is that correct? How much +_ do I need to adjust?
I think 7pm PDT 28th == 2am UTC 29th.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
@TrevP If you set your timer for UTC 29th 2am July that will be equal to 28 th July 7pm Pacific time.

The timer is calculating based on your local time

OK, I set it like that but it doesn't display based on your local time I'll just have to lock it to 7PM PST and leave it like that