Titan7 Forged Wheels for the model 3

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

roguenode

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Someone on another forum has organized a group buy for Titan7 forged wheels made specifically for the model 3. There are two styles offered and deposits are being taken now. Once any single size gets 8 deposits, production begins. They have 18" and 19" sizes for order, and I believe 20" are coming. All variations (including the 18"s) work with the PUO brakes and accommodate the hub ring. You can choose from black, silver, or bronze finishes.

These are monoblock forged wheels. Strong and lightweight and quite a bit lower in cost than some of the other forged options I've seen so far. Example weights, the 18"x8.5"' = 18.9lbs, the 19x8.5's = 19.6lbs.

It looks like they are getting close to first batch production on a couple of sizes. Posting here in case anyone is interested and doesn't frequent other forums.

Evasive Motorsports page for current options

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 12.25.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 12.25.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 12.25.34 PM.png

Attachments

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have stopped posting in there so as to not distract from their group buy. Now in another forum, I'll more obviously point some caveat emptor items. First, they offer the 8.5" in completely stock offset which will be very tucked in and flat face. People are looking at aftermarket wheels with a lower offset to fill the fender better, and that gives a more concave shape to the wheels. That is not what you will get when you order 8.5" +40 wheels. If you have a Performance w/ PUP, these 8.5" wheels are even further recessed than your stock wheels! Stock 20's are 8.5" +35. The person who started the GB came up with some specs, and now the GB is out of his hands. It has begun with Evasive, and they are only pre-selling these sets. All questions to Evasive about other sizes has been shut down to refer back to these sizes. Here's a great online calculator to play with wheel specs. https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator# Also one for tire sizes https://tiresize.com/calculator/

8.5" wheels will accommodate 235-245 tires
9" wheels will accommodate 245-265 tires

18x8.5 +39 ($1900 set)

19x8.5 +40 ($2400 set)

19x9 +35 - this set makes the most sense. Wheel will extend 11mm out further than stock 18/19's, 6mm further than stock 20's. Stock 235's are going to stretch a lot and expose the rim to curb rash. 245/35/19 would be the best fitment up to 265/30/19

and the odd one:
19x8.5 +40 front
19x9 +35 rear

If they ever make 20's, they will run about $2800-3000/set going off of their current 20" prices. Also, I see no "group buy" discount in these because the prices are the same as what you can buy other fitments from vividracing.com. Rather than discount, this group buy is just getting enough people to have them produced at all.

Why would you get wheels only 0.5" different? It's not enough to be worth having staggered wheels.
You really need 9.5-10" wheels for 275 tires which then match up to equal height of 235 tires, so any combination of tires for a staggered fitment isn't going to be quite right. There is a reason that 8.5"/9.5" or 9/10" are common staggered wheel fitments.

A big positive is that these 18" wheels clear the brakes of the Performance Upgrade brakes, but again, the offset isn't great IMO especially for the PUP brakes.

I write all of this just to give a head's up to prospective buyers. You just have to visualize how these will fit/look because they have no examples made and on cars because they won't do that until there are enough buyers. Try to look at other wheels of similar design and the same diameter and width/offset to get an idea of what it will look like. I don't know if he's in here, but a guy just put on some black BBS CI-R in black 19x8.5 +40. It's worth searching for his photos to get an idea. (Can't find it now.) I might be too alarmist, but I'm afraid that without this clear understanding, buyers not savvy about wheel fitment and what to expect might get their wheels and not look like what they had in their head. Just be aware.

Last thing, the bronze finish wheels look GOOD. If they had a fitment I liked, I'd get these in bronze in an instant. I have read nothing but great things about the wheels themselves. Comparably built mono block forged wheels, if you were to have full customization of wheel specs, would easily be $1000/wheel.

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Titan already makes 18x9 +28 which extends an extra 18mm compared to OEM 18/19's or 13mm more than 20's. These are made for Evo 8/9, but they likely wouldn't accommodate the step in the hub for P+ cars. A 3 or 5mm spacer would make it work though.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 3.13.01 PM.png

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ppower, if you were to get 20" staggered, what wheel specs would you think looks the best?
First, this is all personal opinion. The wheel diameter doesn't matter, but I do see where you're going. GetYourWheels is doing a great job of showing a ton of wheels and fitments to get good examples. For staggered, I would do 8.5" +25 with 235 tires, and 9.5" +28. If you go to 9/10", you need 245/285 tires, and the offset gives you the look you want much more than the wheel width. Offset is Everything. Anyway, this setup pushes the front out 15mm and the rears 25mm. For whatever reason, rear wheels are always tucked in 10-15mm more than the front. If running square setup, I'd run a 10mm spacer in the rear to even it out and still be able to rotate tires.

Here are wheels very similar to the TS5 in 19x8.5 +25 and lowered on Eibach springs. Given that Mountain Pass Performance ran 9" +25 with no issue lowered and on track, you could go to 8.5" +20/ 9.5" +23. That would look pretty extreme. This already looks great to me. 15mm doesn't sound like much, but it's surprising how much concavity is reduced when you go to 8.5" +40. The crazy thing is that P3D+ cars have an extra 3mm of room to work with, so it's easier for those cars to push a little bit more aggressive offset without rubbing.

You didn't ask, but I'll say anyway. For a square setup, I'd do 9" +25 (maybe 10mm spacer in rear) that accommodates 245 to 265 tires. 816435A6-FBFE-4B8C-A660-A0629345D38C.jpeg 9EECACDA-C213-4086-BA91-73781870D9CA.jpeg

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you want forged wheels now, why not just buy the VS forged wheels? The pricing is nearly the same and it's available ASAP.
From what I've seen so far, the Titan 7 look to be a better engineered wheel, and I'm in love with their bronze finish. That said, GetYourWheels seems to be giving excellent service and is really accommodating the 3 community. The custom fitments allows for tons of flexibility, and yes prices are similar. I've contacted both Titan and Evasive and have run into dead end about more aggressive fitment, but at least I checked. I wish them the best of luck, but the product just isn't for me at this time. I will probably be going with VS Forged. The back wheels of this Alfa are Titan 7 TS5 in 19x9 +25, but they are the wrong bolt pattern. These. Are. SICK. They won't be making it in 5x114.3 for us though. Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 3.07.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Country
Country

roguenode

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
@ppower, I agree with most everything you mention. If you want a specific look, ie, wide stance, etc. for looks or any other reason, most of these offsets may not be what you want. They may offer other options at some point, they may not. But if you don't understand wheel offsets and the look you get with various options, you'll want to check with those that do, ask around, look at examples of other's setup and note the offsets they have, etc. Anytime you deviate from stock offsets in either direction, you should understand how that affects the look and clearances.

I went with the 19x.8.5. As you noted, that makes the most sense from the offset perspective if you want a bit more offset than stock. I also don't see much sense a 9" wheel vs 8.5", mostly as I want to be able to compete in SSCA D Stock category and also track the car. For track, I want high strength, low weight, which these are. For SSCA D stock I need to run OEM 8.5" width and can go +/- 1" in wheel diameter. That they look great and the 19" offset is visually appealing, is just bonus.

You're correct, this is not a deal in the sense that you get lower than normal pricing on Titan wheels. It's a group effort to get enough orders so they will create the wheels specific to the model 3. With these, you know they'll clear the PUO brakes and accommodate the special hub fitment. Add to that they are very strong and light wheels. GetYourWheels is offering plenty of other great choices and also great forum support and service near as I can tell. Plenty of options will be forthcoming as more and more model 3's hit the roads. These Titan 7's are somewhat unique to me given their quality and price. As you said, they complete with custom options that normally run $1000/wheel, IF they available offerings fit your needs.

Big time agree on the bronze finish is great. I almost ordered that for my soon-to-come P3D+, but went with black thinking they will better match my planned chrome delete. I've since been resisting the strong urge to go with Bronze instead. :D I think they'd be amazing on a blue car.

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So you are going to put 8.5 +40 wheels on a P3D+? You misunderstood what I meant on offsets. That is more recessed than the stock wheels offset (20x8.5 +35). You are taking a step backwards in fitment. Go for it if it is what you want. And blue w/bronze 1000x over black wheels. Gosh I love their bronze. The 19x9 +35 will extend out 6mm IIRC compared to the 20’s.

Again, this is as detailed of an explanation of what they’re offering. It is strictly to be aware. They seem to be amazing wheels. I wish I could find pics of the guy who outnumber on the BBS CI-R in factory spec.

Last edited:

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ppower, any good suggestions on tires for street (daily driver)?
I'm not the biggest tire snob. I tend to appreciate value. I currently have Dunlop Direzza which have been awesome. I use Continental Extreme Contact DWS (dry, wet, snow) which are great winter tires for me where we don't get much snow. I've even had some Kumho ECSTA PS91 that I was surprised with. Sometimes part of it is looking through the size you need and seeing what price you can choke down given the wear rating you are fine with and weather abilities. Other than that, tire rack customer reviews are great. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/reviews/MenuServlet?search=surveyComments

PandaM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It seems that there is one camp of customers that want these in a spec to stay as competitive as they can in SCCA Racing... so I’m guessing that limits the size and offsets to close to factory?

Then there is a camp of customers that want a size and offset to still maximize range... so that is going to be close to factory offset and width.

Then there are those of us that just want it to look damn good... so aggressive offsets, staggered, wide.

Maybe a good compromise could be keeping the width 8.5 square or 9 square but staggering the offsets so they fill the wheel well and look aggressive while keeping the efficiency?

atlas310

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Definitely a great looking wheel. Spokes are a bit chunkier than the the Titan 7s though. Looks more aggressive, but also a couple pounds heavier.

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Definitely a great looking wheel. Spokes are a bit chunkier than the the Titan 7s though. Looks more aggressive, but also a couple pounds heavier.
I found d that a 19x9 Is 19.6lbs, so right in line with Titan. Signature is great if you want to spend the money. It just shows what a good value Titan 7 are.