Torklift EcoHitch

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th and still qualify for the $7500 US federal tax credit until December 31 for orders placed before November 30 as all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I finally got my Model 3 and got to install my EcoHitch.

Installation was easy, given I have access to a master technician (my father in law). We watched the instructional video from torklift which gave us some good pointers.

The hitch lol oks clean, it gives you an option to remove the hitch connection to make it as if you didn’t have one, but I will choose to just keep it on all the time so I can put my bike rack on in a hurry.

I got out this weekend with my cycling team and got several kudos on the look of the car and the look of the hitch.

I made a mistake on my order and received a call from them to verify the additional part was really what I wanted. Got to correct my issue on the phone. Now THAT is awesome customer service.

Fully recommend this for your model 3 if you plan to carry your bikes on a rack.

https://torkliftcentral.com

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Installation was easy, given I have access to a master technician (my father in law). We watched the instructional video from torklift which gave us some good pointers.

The hitch lol oks clean, it gives you an option to remove the hitch connection to make it as if you didn’t have one, but I will choose to just keep it on all the time so I can put my bike rack on in a hurry.

I got out this weekend with my cycling team and got several kudos on the look of the car and the look of the hitch.

I made a mistake on my order and received a call from them to verify the additional part was really what I wanted. Got to correct my issue on the phone. Now THAT is awesome customer service.

Fully recommend this for your model 3 if you plan to carry your bikes on a rack.

When you have bikes on the rack, does it interfere with the sensors or diminish their utility?

Also, I communicated with Torklift Central and the 2" and 1-1/4" receivers for the EcoHitch are interchangeable, so you can use either size. Provides flexibility.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When the bikes are on, I can’t use summon, when I back up the car freaks out and warns me to stop, but lets me still move. I doubt self parking works either.
I can imagine some of these don’t work just with the rack on without bikes.
I take the rack off once I get back home

Sumiguchi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This hitch looks great but I'm worried about warranty and that installation looks WAY to crazy for me to try on my own! But kudos to you!

My littlest isn't quite ready for any real bike adventures, so I think I'll wait for another year to see if Tesla delivers on Musk's tweet about a hitch option! I might even settle for roof racks - though I'd way rather have the bikes behind the car than on top!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hitch not yet installed. I'm having it done at an auto body shop because they are more skilled at removing bumpers that a trailer hitch shop. Estimate is $244, but I expect it will be less than that as I think it will take them less time to install the hitch than they estimated.

When the work is done, I'll post a photo(s).

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thought I had posted my photos after the installation of my Torklift Central EcoHitch and Tesla Model 3 Undercover. Regardless, here they are. Installation was by a local body shop as the local hitch installers were a bit reluctant to remove the fender for the installation. Cost was $244.00 and they did a good job.

fullsizeoutput_c7f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c32.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c30.jpeg

aJF92yanQ8uInTfy1P8bMA.jpg

aKkuS2EFS4e%55SG7ajkJA.jpg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Beware! The Torklift Central approved installer list for my area listed Gallman Hitch in Ft. Myers, FL. I contacted them to arrange for an installation and they said they were not an approved installer and didn't know who Torklift was!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Jrzapata - do you have any data on energy consumption with a bike on the back? And what about wind noise?