Towards a cleaner grid...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
Country
Country
I had a conversation today with someone who wanted to invest in marijuana companies since it is a big growth industry. I told him TSLA makes more sense, because the batteries they are making are in powerwalls and powerpacks today. Next, they will be in the best car you can buy at $35k. When I showed him the Electrek article on the SCE project included in the Bloomberg article he was amazed.

I also told him to test drive a Tesla today, so he will know what he is investing in, and to gather one more convert to the new economy.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Adding fuel to solar energy merits & potential... ;)
While this article mainly focuses on the US, see no good reason why this should not apply to many if not all parts of our busy world!!
Have a great weekend, y'all!
'Sunny Mike'
P.S. written under Belgian rain :D

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
How awesome will it be to have semi trailers and cars alike running on electricity. Home owners on main roads can breath and sleep easy with no air and noise pollution from ICE vehicles in the future. I hope the noise of wheels will be enough to stop the blind from becoming speed humps. Maybe the future tesla 3 versions can produce selective peeps when it detects walking sticks??
Panda you are right, not only EVs of different brands, but also solar roofs! In California solar roofs are everywhere! And we Californicans are well on our way to energy independence. My oldest daughter just leased a Fiat 500e ($50 per month!) to tide her over for 3 years until she can get her model 3. She is purchasing a new home in a development where solar panels and 240 connection in the garage for charging are included in the base price. She has very good friends who live in Brussels who are in the residential construction business there. She called them to tell them about how excited she is to join the revolution. She said there reaction was, meh, almost all homes we build here include solar panels! We, in the US, are way behind the curve in addressing climate change. But things are changing - RAPIDLY!

Regarding human recognition while driving, it is not a trivial issue and deserves priority consideration. I seriously think that future iterations of the technology will be built around infrared recognition and night vision. I live in a 55+ community with drivers who are sometimes let's say-------"less than alert". Three times in the last year I have almost been hit while crossing at a crosswalk while walking Ricky Ricardo in the evening (7pm-ish). I believe the drivers when they say, "I didn't see you!" AND THAT IS WHAT'S REALLY SCARY!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Panda you are right, not only EVs of different brands, but also solar roofs! In California solar roofs are everywhere! And we Californicans are well on our way to energy independence. (...) She has very good friends who live in Brussels who are in the residential construction business there. She called them to tell them about how excited she is to join the revolution. She said there reaction was, meh, almost all homes we build here include solar panels! We, in the US, are way behind the curve in addressing climate change. But things are changing - RAPIDLY!
Beware, things may not be as rosy here in Belgium as you heard... Sure, there was a big boom a couple of years ago when there was substantial government subsidies (we got some on our house) yet that has pretty much dried out... Doubt penetration is even at 10%. And remember, we don't have as much sun here as in SoCal! :)