1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Traction control, AEB, cruise control got disabled

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by Petar R., Jul 10, 2018 at 5:57 PM.

1. Petar R.

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    2F84FD6D-E7A8-4554-B8CD-8BAE14075812.jpeg I was driving when a few messages popped up.
    1. “Traction control disabled- contact Tesla service”
    2. Automatic Emergency breaking is disabled”
    3. “Cruise control disabled”

Beside those warnings, the regen breaking got disabled so I had to rely on the conventional brakes. I was driving like that for 10-15 min, then I pulled over and restarted the display by pressing those 2 buttons on the wheel and after everything returned to normal. I am pretty sure this is some software glitch.
    Couple of days prior to this, cruise control was got disabled, and after restarting it got back to normal. Hopefully Tesla can do a software update to fix this bugs. I was wondering if anyone else experienced something similar?

2. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
  3. Petar R.

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I have read it. Similar things got disabled, yes, though I never really felt out of control, as the conventional brakes were working fine. I also forgot to mentioned that while those issues were present, aside from brake regen not working, the display was not showing vehicles in front and on the sides, as it normally would. I wonder if I reseted the screen while driving would resolve issues also. Maybe I did not need to pull over. I'll test it next time and risk my life for science and humanity, I guess. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. yuris

Expand Collapse

Country
    So I had _exactly_ this happen to me today (all three went off). I was accelerating from a stop/near stop and felt a little shimmy-ing in the wheel in my hand. I've felt it a few times before, it usually goes away pretty quickly and I can never tell if I'm imaginging it or not. This time, during the shimmy-ing, the car freaked out and disabled traction control, AEB, and cruise control, visually, as well as regenerative breaking.

I, too, restarted the screen display, but it did not fix it for me. I called Tesla's service center and they had me restart it "longer" (by holding the wheels and waiting until the Tesla logo pops back up) -- interestingly that removed the cruise control warning, but not the AEB/traction control.

The lady then had me exit the car, lock it, and then wait ~60 seconds, which apparently power cycles the car, and that fixed it. Things have been ok since.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. CleanEV

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    No
    Country
    How many miles do I have to have driven for EAP to start working. Every time I try to turn it on it beeps twice with a message about cameras are calibrating or something similar. I am just under 100 miles with 2 trips of 24 each one way.

6. PTC Gator

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Highway miles with cars and lines for the camera's to calibrate with? I really don't know much more than my car calibrated at 30 miles of mostly highway driving.